PDA

View Full Version : should we have an ubuntu media player??

abhilashm86
May 23rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
When i noticed after using ubuntu, everything seems fine. The GUI and terminal and all softwares are good...........

when there is a player like ubuntu media player which can play all video types and audio, it'll great. Also my i-pod dosen't sync great, so ubuntu player should include all features:)

Also many people use VLC, totem, banshee, rhythmbox, xine n many others
So if all ubuntu users use same media player,it'll great right:)
what is your views??
Also what should be the new name of media player??
ubuntu multimedia player.............wow

lukjad
May 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
No, because VLC is already there. I think the Ubuntu Devs have bigger issues to handle. :)

abhilashm86
May 23rd, 2009, 10:56 AM
No, because VLC is already there. I think the Ubuntu Devs have bigger issues to handle. :)

yea i agree to you, but as vlc and others are in opensource, playing audio in VLC, hmm not that good, we can merge all qualities in single media player,thats what i thought.................

itreius
May 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
I, for one, would not want to play both audio and video with the same player.

3rdalbum
May 23rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
That's just what the Linux world needs: Another media player.

Do me a favour: Go into Synaptic Package Manager and count the number of audio players/music managers in there. That's quite a few, isn't it? Now, triple that number and you'll have a realistic indication of how many music players are available for Ubuntu.

steeleyuk
May 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
There's nothing wrong with multiple media players, people manage their collections differently, some like an all in one solution, some people prefer to just play their music rather than manage it, and vice versa.

If someone decided they want to create another media/music player then they'd need to do something special/unique/improved for it to become popular.

RazVayne
May 23rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Oh yeah,with it's own .uma/.umw files!Uhaa!
/sarcasm
I believe there are already too many,so NO,we shouldnt have an Ubuntu media player.

lukjad
May 23rd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Totem does a pretty fair job.

Johnsie
May 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
All I need is Spotify and Amarok. I have a windows mobile so I just drag the songs I want onto there.