PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing jdk-6u13-linux-i586.bin

sukatoa
May 23rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
Good day, this was my first time to use Ubuntu (a MS Windows user wants to shift into Ubuntu).

I've already downloaded the jdk-6u13-linux-i586.bin file. Now i don't know where to start
I am currently surfing the net for this kind of newbie problem, but it shows 8.04 version.

can anybody post a step-by-step instruction how to install this stuff effectively?
or any helpful links?

im looking forward to your replies,
sukatoa

netJackDaw
May 23rd, 2009, 09:47 AM
Sorry to say it, this has been said a few times before...! But based on that this is your first post, check out the preferred ways of installing software in Ubuntu: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/installingsoftware .

On the specific question about installing Java 6 JDK I would use (based on the above):

sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk

sukatoa
May 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
thanks for your reply,

but, this type of installation is online. (Which is what im waiting to complete all files)
Now, i am on the package configuration, what's next?

I can't/don't know where to proceed this page. @ terminal

netJackDaw
May 23rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Sorry can't help you with that. The only thing I can do is to point you in the preferred direction (regarding installation) as mentioned above.

You get much more from following the preferred way of installing as well. Such as security updates and more...

If this does not satisfy you. Try googling your problem... I found an article on wikihow.com about this....