PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Where can I upload my Windows apl?

slavne
May 23rd, 2009, 07:33 AM
I cannot find a place here where I could upload my ms windows application tool. Given a starting ubuntu package and ubuntu version, it allows you to download all dependent packages from mirror site of your choice. That way you can have an ms windows (bad word, I know) machine connected to Internet, download all necessary packages for your favorite ubuntu, and bring those packages on usb flash drive to your local Ubuntu machine to install them. This is good for people having ms windows machines on internet and not linux, as well as for people switching to ubuntu from ms windows.

But there seems to be no place here for uploading my windows binaries and offer my effort to this community? Why there are no Supporting tools upload section?

lisati
May 23rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
Why not start your own web site dedicated to this? As long as the binaries you're uploading are your own and not likely to come back to bite you with legal hassles.

EDIT: One of my own efforts can be found at www.geocities.com/rjv_soft/ssc but the plug is likely to be pulled on Geocities later this year.