PDA

View Full Version : high school ap computer science class

nathang1392
May 22nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
junior year im going to be taking a class called ap computer science. i know computer science relates to programming and things like that,but what do you really think i should be preparing to be doing? i dont know if the fact that its advanced placement really makes a difference.

Muffinabus
May 22nd, 2009, 08:05 PM
You'll most likely be programming in Java. Also, can't you get a course description somewhere? Heh...

pat23_2007
May 22nd, 2009, 08:17 PM
junior year im going to be taking a class called ap computer science. i know computer science relates to programming and things like that,but what do you really think i should be preparing to be doing? i dont know if the fact that its advanced placement really makes a difference.

My high school AP Computer Science class that I took about 2 years ago was mostly study of PC hardware, OS's, and some very basic programming. We also looked at web design for like 6 weeks but only basic HTML, and CSS.

nathang1392
May 22nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
i also forgot to add that the class is distance learning through access. we do all of the work over computers. i hope that it focuses on hardware as i have a good understanding on that, but i took a distance learning programming class last term and it was horrible not having a real person to talk to; only communication is through email.

kk0sse54
May 22nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
i also forgot to add that the class is distance learning through access. we do all of the work over computers. i hope that it focuses on hardware as i have a good understanding on that, but i took a distance learning programming class last term and it was horrible not having a real person to talk to; only communication is through email.

Computer Science A or AB? Here's one of the course descriptions http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/sub_compscia.html, it's amazing what a quick google search can do for you :roll:

nathang1392
May 22nd, 2009, 11:17 PM
i couldnt find anything on google about a highschool computer science class. i just wanted to get some opinions on whay computer science is on a highschool level.