PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screenshot of active window, with window decorator emerald?

mk__
May 22nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
Hi, ubuntuforums.org…

I'm looking for a screenshot tool — able to take screenshot of the active window, with the window decorator (Emerald.)

As far as i can tell, ImageMagick does not support that, which is a huge problem.. Although scrot does — so that's what I was trying to use.

But it seems to have no active—window—only support, do you know any screenshot tools which has, or does scrot have a method to do it?

Thanks,
sincerely — mk.

gettinoriginal
May 22nd, 2009, 07:23 PM
I must not understand what you are asking for, as Applications > Accessories > take screen shot has always worked for me. :p
Sample

mk__
May 22nd, 2009, 07:48 PM
I must not understand what you are asking for, as Applications > Accessories > take screen shot has always worked for me. :p
Sample

Yes, thank you — i know that.

But the problem is that I'm supposed to use this with a hotkey (using xbindkeys which launches a script.)

The scrot --select argument is not functional from xbindkeys (I have no idea why, actually, maybe i should fill this in as a bug?)

Or maybe — is it possible to save the screenshot without the GUI dialog?

Thanks,
sincerely — mk.

gettinoriginal
May 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Sorry, I don't anything about scrot, but I did find this. Sorry if you already checked it.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/scrot

mk__
May 22nd, 2009, 10:18 PM
I already knew that — it's the man page for scrot

but, thanks.
sincerely — mk.

mk__
May 23rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Bump - no solution?

kaibob
May 23rd, 2009, 03:21 PM
Imagemagick has the ability to make a screenshot of an active window, although, as with scrot, you have to click on the window. The simple command is:

import -frame filename.png

I have placed this command in a shell script and assigned it to a keyboard key. It works fine. I don't use Emerald, so I don't know if this would be an issue.

mk__
May 23rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Imagemagick has the ability to make a screenshot of an active window, although, as with scrot, you have to click on the window. The simple command is:

import -frame filename.png

I have placed this command in a shell script and assigned it to a keyboard key. It works fine. I don't use Emerald, so I don't know if this would be an issue.

I suggest you to read the OP before posting...

I'm looking for a screenshot tool — able to take screenshot of the active window, with the window decorator (Emerald.)

As far as i can tell, ImageMagick does not support that, which is a huge problem.. Although scrot does — so that's what I was trying to use.

kaibob
May 23rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Post deleted by kaibob.