PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome Global Menu Bar help.

Vord
May 22nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
I just finished up installing the gnome global menu bar, and I'm noticing that when I have a nautilus window open, the program name on the menu reads "CD/DVD Creator" instead of what I'd expect it to say along the lines of "Nautilus" or something similar. I've got a screen shot in case I'm not being clear enough (Entirely possible, haven't slept)

Anybody run into this issue?

Vord
May 22nd, 2009, 05:07 PM
Used a quick fix after referencing this bug report

http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/issues/detail?id=386

I removed the CD/DVD Creator launcher from the menu, but if anybody has a more permanent workaround that causes less inconvenience, feel free to enlighten us :)

Psychopump
May 22nd, 2009, 05:17 PM
Sorry, I am not answering your question...

Did you find a deb package for the global menu bar or compile it yourself?
(I am still baffled by compiling)

Vord
May 22nd, 2009, 05:28 PM

I dug up a deb for it. Want me to track it down again and give you a link?

Or better yet, you want me to teach you how to compile? :P (Honest offer, I have nothing to do today)

Tibuda
May 22nd, 2009, 08:09 PM

https://launchpad.net/~globalmenu-team/+archive/ppa

Bohemenian
August 2nd, 2009, 12:04 AM
If someone is still looking for a work-around, I just added an entry "File Manager" to the GNOME Main Menu, from what I read that's where globalmenu looks for the app's titles. Since CD/DVD Creator is part of nautilus, globalmenu assumes nautilus should be called CD/DVD Creator.

But as I said, seems to work for me by adding a launcher titled "File Browser" (or whatever you want to be displayed instead of CD/DVD Creator) with the command nautilus in the "Applications"-menu (think that's called GNOME Main Menu too).