PDA

View Full Version : Nicest Forums Awards

Black Mage
May 22nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
I was beginning to think that every year there should be the nicest forums award, or the friendlist forum award....or maybe the most helpful forum award.

Well if there was, I think I would have to give it to Ubuntu Forum and the runner up being yahoo answers. When I go to other forums and ask questions or need help, a lot of the time I don't get a response, or something turns into a quick heated arguement because they are there just to start a fight. But with Ubuntu, I really like the atmosphere here and how they are not biased with anything. Like I can talk about gentoo or fedora, competition to Ubuntu, and they won't take it down because it could cost them users.

So cheers to Ubuntu for the most friendliest, open, and helpful community forum out there.

suitedaces
May 22nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
I was beginning to think that every year there should be the nicest forums award, or the friendlist forum award....or maybe the most helpful forum award.

Well if there was, I think I would have to give it to Ubuntu Forum and the runner up being yahoo answers. When I go to other forums and ask questions or need help, a lot of the time I don't get a response, or something turns into a quick heated arguement because they are there just to start a fight. But with Ubuntu, I really like the atmosphere here and how they are not biased with anything. Like I can talk about gentoo or fedora, competition to Ubuntu, and they won't take it down because it could cost them users.

So cheers to Ubuntu for the most friendliest, open, and helpful community forum out there.

I find yahoo answers to be full of conflict at times. No doubt here is very good though.

Simian Man
May 22nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
I find yahoo answers to be full of conflict at times. No doubt here is very good though.

Yeah, and they seem to be getting worse :) (http://failblog.org/2009/05/18/improvement-fail/)

HappyFeet
May 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Actually ubuntuforums did win a couple awards this year. One was awarded by Linux Format Magazine, and the other I can't remember. The forums here are recognized by many as the best around.

ibuclaw
May 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Actually ubuntuforums did win a couple awards this year. One was awarded by Linux Format Magazine, and the other I can't remember. The forums here are recognized by many as the best around.

Yep, we won the Best Support Resource. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1035701)

Second Place was Google...

sydbat
May 22nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah, and they seem to be getting worse :) (http://failblog.org/2009/05/18/improvement-fail/)What's most awesome about that is this just happened in the last hour and immediately made to the failblog!!

ibuclaw
May 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
What's most awesome about that is this just happened in the last hour and immediately made to the failblog!!

Nope, it looks like it was posted May 18th @ 07:00 (GMT+1 time). I don't doubt the fact that it made it immediately to the failblog though...

sydbat
May 22nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
Nope, it looks like it was posted May 18th @ 07:00 (GMT+1 time). I don't doubt the fact that it made it immediately to the failblog though...You are correct. I misread the time code thingy.