PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] lancelot clear recent documents list

allaf
May 22nd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Hi,

Looks like there's a very annoying missing feature in lancelot, there is no way to clear the recent documents list.
I tried manually removing files from /.kde/share/apps/RecentDocuments/ but it doesn't work.

KDE: 4.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2)
Lancelot: 1.5

viking_maniac
October 31st, 2009, 02:55 PM
I know that this thread is a bit old, but I just discovered the same thing in Kubuntu Karmic. I really miss the "clear all history" feature that you have in Gnome, that clears all history on your computer including all apps installed.

I tried Sweeper for KDE, but just as in Gnome, it only does the job halfway, and that's not good enough. I think Sweeper should be removed from the repositories. It just doesn't work.

If anyone know about any other programs that fixes this privacy issue in KDE, I'd be very happy!

Zorael
October 31st, 2009, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure if it works in Lancelot, but in the normal menu you can just right-click anywhere in the Recently Used view and pick Clear Recent Applications/Documents.

edit: from http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=62112#p81616

option to clean also available in Lancelot
Also in the same thread;

solution: type in terminal
rm ~/.kde/share/apps/RecentDocuments/*&&chmod 000 ~/.kde/share/apps/RecentDocuments
That command would clear Recent Documents and write-protect the directory, disabling it from getting new entries. If you just want to clear it, perform only the first half.

$ rm ~/.kde/share/apps/RecentDocuments/*