PDA

View Full Version : Does the Razer mouse work on Linux?

Crafty Kisses
May 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
I'm not sure where to ask this, but does anyone know if the Razer mice work on Linux? I was thinking about getting one, but I wasn't sure if they wold work. I looked around on Google couldn't find a solid answer. Thanks!

juancarlospaco
May 22nd, 2009, 06:22 AM
What's Razer mouse ?

Crafty Kisses
May 22nd, 2009, 06:24 AM
Here's a screenshot:

http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/75224_copperhead1.jpg

juancarlospaco
May 22nd, 2009, 06:44 AM
...i think it works, its USB or PS/2? or both?

TheSlipstream
May 22nd, 2009, 06:52 AM
All mice should work on Ubuntu. Some function keys may not, however.

rudihawk
May 22nd, 2009, 08:22 AM
My Razer Copperhead works perfectly with Ubuntu.

binbash
May 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
It works

starcannon
May 22nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
My Razer Death Adder works a treat.

Crafty Kisses
May 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks a million guys!

Knyte
June 7th, 2009, 01:39 AM
My Razer Death Adder works a treat.

Using the setup exe in WINE? If not.. how did you get your other buttons to work?

szymon_g
June 7th, 2009, 02:05 AM
as far i know - there is (was?) an application for configuration of that mouse... i didnt test it :) (/me is a happy owner of Razer Salmosa)

Knyte
June 7th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I've got the .exe to set the mouse up but I was hoping for something in the Linux dept so I wouldn't have to **** around with WINE unless I really really have to.. lol

Polygon
June 7th, 2009, 04:00 PM
you have to do something with your xorg.conf to get the other buttons working. In arch linux, my razer lachesis has 4 buttons working, and i bet i can get the other 2 working if i can find a use for them.

Muffinabus
June 7th, 2009, 04:42 PM
My Razer Deathadder has all of it's buttons working by default, no extra configuration needed, though it seems to depend largely on the application used if the button decides to work or not.

Skripka
June 7th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I run a Razer Lachesis. To get it working as I wanted-I first had to go into Windows to reprogram the firmware on the mouse in the Razer control panel, in order to free a few buttons from their firmware set tasks.

Then I used xbindkeys to do the rest in Linux. Works perfectly. All 4000DPI, and all 9 buttons as I want. :D

The Copperhead is the only supported mouse on Linux that has driver support...anything else has to be played with to fully get working.

no0ne
May 8th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Properly configured any razer mouse works perfectly in Ubuntu, and has by my count done so since at least 8.04 LTS. Here's how it's done. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8462984&postcount=4)

BslBryan
May 8th, 2010, 02:41 AM
DeathAdder, like said before, OOTB works. Also, one of the best mice I've ever had the pleasure of using.

Crafty Kisses
May 8th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I agree with you BslBryan. Razer makes top of the line "mice" if you will. :lolflag:

SirBismuth
May 8th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Also had no issues with a DeathAdder since 8.04 or so.

B

HappinessNow
May 8th, 2010, 07:54 AM
My Razor Copperhead works flawlessly on Ubuntu/Linux.

3rdalbum
May 8th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I have a Deathadder and it is too fast. I have turned down the speed in Gnome. I couldn't get the unofficial config program to recognise the mouse. And the thumb buttons come at the expense of left-right scrolling.

I wouldn't buy a Razer mouse again.

Crafty Kisses
May 8th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I have a Deathadder and it is too fast. I have turned down the speed in Gnome. I couldn't get the unofficial config program to recognise the mouse. And the thumb buttons come at the expense of left-right scrolling.

I wouldn't buy a Razer mouse again.

Strange, I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

3rdalbum
May 8th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Strange, I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

I'm sure it works perfectly well on Windows; I don't have Windows so I can't try it. But its Linux support is minimal at best.

The "no side scrolling" was my own dumb fault, I should have checked that there was side scrolling first before making the purchase. As it was, I thought "Oooo! Side buttons! I can have one for the rocket launcher and another for the Gauntlet!" and what with the free shipping they were doing last year, I made the purchase a bit quicker than I should have.

I knew about the Razer Nexgen config tool at time of purchase, and it says it works with the Deathadder, but it doesn't :-(

Ginsu543
May 9th, 2010, 11:43 AM
My Razer Mamba works fine, too.

Sonic_RJ
August 29th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Razer Naga works with the default configuration, using the buttons just as numbers. But the driver doesn't work with wine.