PDA

View Full Version : LXDE sound theme and other problems

MobileDev
May 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM
The most annoying problem I have with LXDE is the sound theme. There seems to be no way of changing it (or just turning it off) from within LXDE. Other things that I can't get around include:

I have a My Documents icon on my desktop that I can not delete or rename. When I check the properties, it says that the icon is in my home directory, but it isn't there (checked for hidden files)

I would like to change my UI icons, GTK theme, AND FONT. What application (other than LXAppearence) will allow me to do this?

I've noticed an annoying slowdown when using Compiz with LXDE. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

XubuRoxMySox
May 22nd, 2009, 12:54 AM
Hmmm, that's a new one for me. But LXDE has their own forum here (http://forum.lxde.org) that may be of more help to you for that...

-Robin

MobileDev
May 23rd, 2009, 07:51 PM
OOPS! Apparently I was using an older version of LXAppearence. I just did an upgrade and I now see a font box. Now if there was a way adjust font rendering, that would great. The Compiz problem is still unsolved, as is the icon on my desktop that just won't die. :p