PDA

View Full Version : Greeting

Geek Girl
May 21st, 2009, 05:53 AM
Well, this looks like the best place to say Hi, and kinda introduce myself. So, HI! i just signed up earlier tonight looking for some help. I am completely new to Linux. I know windows about as well as anyone (though not much help) and still figuring out the in and outs of OSX. So I just installedUbuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) on my MacBook. Its running pretty well so far. Well i guess thats it for now.

pbpersson
May 21st, 2009, 06:02 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

If and when you have any problems, just post a thread here and if you don't get any answers, wait 24 hours and then bump.

We have a whole group that just look for posts with zero answers to respond to.

Have fun with Ubuntu! :D

-grubby
May 21st, 2009, 06:09 AM
Well, this looks like the best place to say Hi, and kinda introduce myself. So, HI! i just signed up earlier tonight looking for some help. I am completely new to Linux. I know windows about as well as anyone (though not much help) and still figuring out the in and outs of OSX. So I just installedUbuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) on my MacBook. Its running pretty well so far. Well i guess thats it for now.

Um, hi. What's with the font?

lisati
May 21st, 2009, 06:12 AM
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions and share your thoughts.

Wiebelhaus
May 21st, 2009, 06:12 AM

Cheers! And welcome to the community! Please don't be shy if you have any questions just ask!

MikeTheC
May 21st, 2009, 06:23 AM

By all means, ask. Some of us are even proficient in OS X as well. :)

dmizer
May 21st, 2009, 06:33 AM
Some of us are even proficient in OS X as well. :)

Lies! ;) ):P

schauerlich
May 21st, 2009, 06:46 AM
By all means, ask. Some of us are even proficient in OS X as well. :)

I heard OS X is made of unicorns, and Apple won't release the source code because they want to keep all of the magic for themselves.

MikeTheC
May 21st, 2009, 06:51 AM
I heard OS X is made of unicorns, and Apple won't release the source code because they want to keep all of the magic for themselves.

It is magical. Of course, it also has style, and we all know that a unicorn's best friend can be found in the Blue Demnenses.

[Now that ought to be an obscure-enough reference to keep you guessing for a while.]

MikeTheC
May 21st, 2009, 07:18 AM
Alright, totally different subject.

(No, not really, but...)

What kind of calls do Geek Girls make?

schauerlich
May 21st, 2009, 07:22 AM
What kind of calls do Geek Girls make?

Syscalls?

upptown
May 21st, 2009, 07:34 AM
It is magical. Of course, it also has style, and we all know that a unicorn's best friend can be found in the Blue Demnenses.

[Now that ought to be an obscure-enough reference to keep you guessing for a while.]

Piers Anthony Adept series. Civil rights treasties disguised as "go there. do that." fantasy

monsterstack
May 21st, 2009, 07:40 AM
Syscalls?

If she's anything like my girlfriend, then if the output of gettimeofday() is "busy", she will definitely call.

fatality_uk
May 21st, 2009, 08:36 AM
I'd suggest the best place to post support questions is in: Absolute Beginner Talk
Shooting the breeze is for down here :D