PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Secure Connection Failure.. Invalid security certificate??

Meiji
May 21st, 2009, 04:13 AM
Hello Everyone!

Well, it seems almost everything is ok with my Ububtu now, I just have some net issues to solve. I'll really appreciate if someone can help me on this please :)

Well, my first problem is when I open Firefox, it shows me this alert:

"Security component of the application can't be initialized. The most probably reason is that there might be problems with files in your profile directory of the application. Please, check that this directory has no restrictions on reading and writing and your HD is not full or near to be full. It's recommended that you close the application and solve this problem. If you continue using this session you might see incorrect behaviors of the application when trying to access the security features."

And, I don't know if it's due to that, but then I can't access sites like hotmail and facebook. Not that I'm really worried about what's happening in my facebook social life, but email is something I daily check.. I got this message everytime I try to go to those type of places:

"Secure Connection Failure

login.live.com uses an invalid security certificate.
certificate is untrusty because the issuer certificate is unknown.
(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

* This could be a problem with the server configuration or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary and can try again later.

Or you can add an exception ..."

I thought I could just add the exception, but when I try it doesn't let me either.

Can someone help me with this please? I think it's the last thing I need after all my upgrades were done to finally use Ubuntu with no more troubles...

Thanks in advance!!
-Meiji