PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compix and OpenOffice Impress Problems in Jaunty

rmccarri
May 20th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Hi,
I'm going to be giving a presentation to my department on using Joomla to design web pages. I would really like to show off the eye candy in Ubuntu during the presentation (in the interest of promoting Open Source software as a whole).

I've installed OpenOffice 3.1 and enabled the openGL transitions for my presentation in Impress. Also, I will be switching back and forth between desktops, so it would be nice to have Compiz up and running.

Everything is running very smoothly on my laptop with the exception that when I enable Compiz, the Gnome panels are showing up over the top of the slideshow. Has anyone else come across this problem and found a fix? Trying to force full screen mode via keyboard shortcuts does not work, unfortunately.
Rob

growled
May 20th, 2009, 07:04 PM
What kind of video card do you have?

rmccarri
May 20th, 2009, 07:06 PM
It's an Intel 945 integrated card. I've downgraded to the xserver-intel-2.4 drivers to improve the terrible performance issues with Jaunty.

rmccarri
May 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Also, I guess that I should note that I have the same problem on my desktop running the the proprietary drivers for nVidia cards, so it doesn't seem to be exclusively an issue with the Intel integrated drivers.

rmccarri
May 20th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Fixed.

There is a fix at the bottom here:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5520

I hadn't noticed that openoffice.org-gnome and openoffice.org-gtk had not been installed after the upgrade to 3.1

Installing these fixed the issue.