PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Look for an address book program

zimio
May 20th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Hi, am looking for an address book program that will blend nicely with gnome (in other word, made in gtk+). Something lightweight, not like the evolution that takes a while to load.

If you have seen anything like that, I will appreciate if you let me know.

Thanks in advance):P

tacantara
May 20th, 2009, 06:28 AM
In the Add/Remove Applications tool, enter "address book" as your search criteria (make sure that All is highlighted in the left pane). This will bring up all packages that deal with address books. I saw at least four address book programs written for the GNOME DE (Rubrica, Osmo, Contacts, and Dlume). Hopefully one of those will do the trick for you.

Wiebelhaus
May 20th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Not answering your question but offering my own solution , you can't beat Gmail/Address Book/Calendar/Photo/Documents/Feed Reader with a bat. But someone will scream "Privacy!" and I understand wanting to protect and host the database yourself 100% , just offering a suggestion of what works for me.

Cheers!

zimio
May 20th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Not answering your question but offering my own solution , you can't beat Gmail/Address Book/Calendar/Photo/Documents/Feed Reader with a bat. But someone will scream "Privacy!" and I understand wanting to protect and host the database yourself 100% , just offering a suggestion of what works for me.

Cheers!

Actually I want this program to substitute my google address book, because sometimes you just want your information to be there quickly.

Anyway thanks for your replies, I think am going for rubrica ):P