PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Wrong resolution after booting

Quarterpipesmoker
May 20th, 2009, 03:03 AM
At booting kdm starts with a higher resolution (1280x...). If I then restart the x-server the right resolution (1024x...) is used.

Edit: Happens not everytime. Are there some configuration files, where I could look?

Quarterpipesmoker
May 22nd, 2009, 01:24 AM
Nothing to find in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf

My system seems to use wrong parameters (frequencies).

The proposal in
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=313072
didn't help and 'dpkg-reconfigure' just cared about my keyboard setting...

Quarterpipesmoker
May 26th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Still starting with the wrong resolution. Next try is adding the resolution into xorg.conf... still waiting for someone to help. The changed part of the xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
Driver "radeon"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Samtron 76Bdf"
Option "DPMS"
HorizSync 30-85
VertRefresh 50-160
Modes "1024x768"
EndSection

Edit: Don't do it at home... :) Changing the xorg.conf in the way I did, caused kdm to not start, because of wrong mode setting, so I had to edit the xorg.conf in the console and 'startx' manually.

But I think this try will end like before, because (k)ubuntu 9.* seems to ignore the xorg.conf and a ubuntu (different pc) also doesn't provide the screen resolution change tool anymore since dist-upgrade... HELP!

skyjacker
May 26th, 2009, 02:33 AM
At booting kdm starts with a higher resolution (1280x...). If I then restart the x-server the right resolution (1024x...) is used.

Edit: Happens not everytime. Are there some configuration files, where I could look?
Left click on the application launcher.
Left click "Applications"
Left click "System".
Left click "Screen resize & Rotate"
Look for a Blue computer screen to appear in the "System Tray"
Right click on this and choose the resolution you need.... Good Luck

Quarterpipesmoker
May 27th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Thx @skyjacker, but if I start with the wrong resolution, my task bar is at the wrong resolution, so restarting the x-server is still the only solution. Wether at kdm or with Alt + Supersondertaste (SysRq) + K

Booting from the very beginning starts with a certain solution and kdm/xorg don't change it. Thats the reason. Now, again: How do I change that?

Quarterpipesmoker
July 4th, 2009, 03:32 AM
up