PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Install problems with Xubuntu 9.04

djhvt
May 19th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I downloaded the new Xubuntu and installed it on my Everex Gbook and it worked like a champ, everything works wonderfully. So thanks folks! Now as for my desktop....

After i do the install on my desktop with the same disk used to make my laptop awesome it restarts and works fine...until i shut the computer down. When i boot back up the last thing i see is the load screen (splash graphics with the little bar signifying the boot up) and then the screen just goes black. No login, no command line, nothing.

Its a old Pentium 3 Gateway and has had Ubuntu 7.10 and then 8.04 on it with no issue over the last few years. Is it possible that its a graphics problem? or maybe my computer is just too old to use the new version? As always i greatly appreciate everyone's help.

kerry_s
May 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
type of graphics would help.

djhvt
May 20th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Its just the standard integrated graphics from intel. its a desktop with the low profile pci cards that i can never find so its "as is" strait from the Windows 2000 era, the only non-original piece on it is the cdr drive i put in a few years back. I dont know the actual chip set. I hope this helps ):P