PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] unable to change fonts settings for qt4/kde4 applications

ra100
May 19th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Hi all.
I want to change fonts and mainly to disable antialising for qt4/kde4 applications in 9.04. I have installed systemsettings and when i launch it by command "systemsettings", i can see only icons and emoticons in Appearance. Settings for fonts arenīt available. So i'm not able to change it.
Also command "qtconfig" works, but via qtconfig itīs impossible to disable antialising.
Attached snapshot.
I filed a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/+bug/372378), but no response still.
Anybody help please.
Thanks

ra100
May 21st, 2009, 08:26 PM
Nobodody knows? :-(

benerivo
May 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure changing the options in systemsettings will control the font antialiasing of kde4 applications in gnome. To get the extra options in systemsettings, you'll need to install kdebase, which will bring in the basic kde4 desktop parts, such as font control, colour schemes, styles, etc.

ra100
May 21st, 2009, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure changing the options in systemsettings will control the font antialiasing of kde4 applications in gnome.

Yes, it will. It works for me in openSUSE.

To get the extra options in systemsettings, you'll need to install kdebase, which will bring in the basic kde4 desktop parts, such as font control, colour schemes, styles, etc.

It doesn't help.I have installed also kdebase, but no affect :-(
Font control, colour schemes, styles, etc. aren't available. Still the same.

benerivo
May 21st, 2009, 09:30 PM
Try logging in to a kde session (i think kdebase will be enough to get in to a kde session), then log out and go back in to gnome. I think systemsettings might then be okay.