PDA

View Full Version : [edubuntu] Xserver does not start

Fatapia
May 19th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Hi I just installed Edubuntu on a computer that I just put together from some spare parts I had. Now, everything was going great, it booted great, it loaded great. I didn't have any problems going into it until I decided like an idiot to change the resolution on the screen because it was to small to read. The resolution I changed it to was to 800x600. Well, when I reset it and rebooted the screen came up with an error message stating that the xserver will not start due to fatal error. Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem via the command line? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Fatapia
May 24th, 2009, 03:14 AM
:confused: Well, I figured out what to do, I did not get the help I wanted and I still was able to get my Linux machine to boot up again all by myself with a little research. But doing research takes time and I would like to see if there is anybody out there that is familiar with Edubuntu that come please answer or provide some kind of help on the following error;

Everytime I try to run any of the programs in my Linux machine wether it is the Gimp or Firefox or even GEdit I get the starting part of the that program then it goes off the screen, with no proof that I clicked on that program. What is this spontaneous program shutdown that I am suffering from?](*,)

Well, I say thanks in advance for any help.