PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] OpenOffice APT error when upgrading from 8.04 to 8.10

naurus
May 18th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Hello All!
I am trying to upgrade from Ubuntu 8.04 to 9.04, and taking the intermediate step of first upgrading to 8.10. The upgrade process goes smoothly until this:

Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org-help-en-gb_1%3a2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I think I've seen errors thrown by package names with percent signs in them before, but I'm not sure.

Does anybody have have a clue why this won't work? If nobody does, is there a way to rollback the changes that were made to my system before this error? Either solution would be GREAT!

Thank you :)
Naurus

ptn107
May 18th, 2009, 06:32 PM
The filename[1] should be 'openoffice.org-help-en-gb_2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb', why it's using '1%3a' in the filename I don't know. Do the following:

sudo mv /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org-help-en-gb_1%3a2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org-help-en-gb_2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb
and try updating again.

Here's a direct link to the file if you want to try and manually download it and move it to '/var/cache/apt/archives/':
openoffice.org-help-en-gb_2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb (http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openoffice.org-l10n/openoffice.org-help-en-gb_2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb)

naurus
May 18th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks, that worked perfectly :)

The filename[1] should be 'openoffice.org-help-en-gb_2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb', why it's using '1%3a' in the filename I don't know. Do the following:

sudo mv /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org-help-en-gb_1%3a2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org-help-en-gb_2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb
and try updating again.

Here's a direct link to the file if you want to try and manually download it and move it to '/var/cache/apt/archives/':
openoffice.org-help-en-gb_2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb (http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openoffice.org-l10n/openoffice.org-help-en-gb_2.4.1-9ubuntu1_all.deb)