PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] minimalist window borders

zopanp
May 18th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Hello,
I'm looking for a theme similar to the one that thomas gabriel is using in die hard 4 :

thanks

mcduck
May 18th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I'd say the best way to get as close to that look as possible is to use Emerald, and then create simple window border theme & set the shadow color to light blue, with zero offset on the shadows to get a nice blue glow around the borders.

Window borders with no titlebar/buttons are no problem for Emerald, actually you should be able to find some themes quite like that in gnome-look.org.

zopanp
May 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM
thanks but when i use the command :

emerald --replace
it does work but as soon as I close the shell then I don't have any border at all...

thanks

I found a way to exit the shell without losing the theme :

emerald --replace & disown -a & exit

But can anyone make a theme like Thomas gabriel or find one ?

thanks

mcduck
May 19th, 2009, 08:32 AM
thanks but when i use the command :

emerald --replace
it does work but as soon as I close the shell then I don't have any border at all...

thanks

I found a way to exit the shell without losing the theme :

emerald --replace & disown -a & exit

thanks

Just set Compiz to use Emerald as it's default decorator (instead of loading something else and then using temrinal commands to replace it..)

To do this install CompizConfig Settings Manager if you haven't already got it, then go to Window Decoration-plugin's settings and change the command to "/usr/bin/emerald". Compiz will now start Emerald as it's window decorator automatically.

Also, if you need to run that kind of commands manually (for example while testing stuff), you should press Alt-F2 and use the Run dialog to run the command. That way any processes started will automatically keep on running in the background if needed.

zopanp
May 22nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
thanks you,
please this is not indispensable but it would be nice.

thanks

hictio
May 22nd, 2009, 11:08 PM
thanks you,
please this is not indispensable but it would be nice.

thanks

Ask, and Ye Shall Receive ;)

- Die Hard 4.0 - Matthew Farrel's theme (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Die+Hard+4.0+-+Matthew+Farrel's+theme+(E?content=66714)
- Die Hard 4.0 - CyberPunk (TPC-SysOP) (http://www.compiz-themes.org/content/show.php/Die+Hard+4.0+-+CyberPunk+(TPC-SysOP)?content=90483)

Those two are Emerald themes, Google is a good friend in this cases too :)

zopanp
May 23rd, 2009, 06:04 AM
thanks for your two themes hictio, but i was looking for a theme that look like this ...:114751