PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I start over? I need ac lean reinstall.

angus1000
May 18th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Today I bought a new 500GB HDD with the intention of dual booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.04. I plan to install 64-bit builds.

Anyway, I installed Windows first, which I think may have been a mistake. I then attempted to install Linux on a new partition just by rebooting from Windows with the Ubuntu boot CD. The installation got 75% of the way completed then gave me an error - either I had a bad CD or HDD.

After abandoning the Linux installed I then rebooted into Windows but not before Windows wanted to do a chkdsk. When I got into Windows I then check my partitions I saw that I had 4 of them and that my primary partition bloomed from 150GB to 300GB!

Now that everything seems to be hosed, I'd like to start over from scratch. How do I delete all of these partitions and install Windows 7 and Ubuntu 'correctly'? I'd like a completeley clean installation.

Sorry for such basic questions. I'm new to Linux and anxious to get my feet wet.

I've seen some posts on dual booting but I don't believe the ones I saw addressed this issue specifically.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

-Angus