PDA

View Full Version : what the hell is wrong with Quizno's?

pwnst*r
May 18th, 2009, 04:51 AM
besides being a crappy place to eat, they unleash this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LQpRQh2KSQ

wut?

schauerlich
May 18th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Put it in me.

OutOfReach
May 18th, 2009, 05:04 AM
:shock:

blackened
May 18th, 2009, 05:12 AM
An extremely odd marketing campaign for an even more odd (and stupid) gimmick food.

That said, Quizno's is one of only 3 or 4 restaurants where I live that carry vegetarian friendly menu items. The franchise owner is also a friend from highschool. He thinks the torpedos are stupid as well, but is required by corporate to carry them.

crl0901
May 18th, 2009, 05:17 AM
I love that commercial. It's hilarious.

"Not doing that again...that burned."

Keithhed
May 18th, 2009, 05:21 AM
mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm... toasty!

starcannon
May 18th, 2009, 05:45 AM
It was funny the first 1000 times I saw it, now I just fast forward through it on my tivo.

drawkcab
May 18th, 2009, 05:50 AM
jeez, i hope someone gets fired

and also those torpedos are terrible

hanzomon4
May 18th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Put it in me... 1 footer./.... :O

starcannon
May 18th, 2009, 05:57 AM
lol the comments are making it funny again. Guess I won't zip past it on tivo no more.

myusername
May 18th, 2009, 06:16 AM
lol i like the comment that said "Didn't you ask for extra mayo?"

Chemical Imbalance
May 18th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Wow, that is...just...wtf

This makes me even happier knowing that I am not missing anything by not watching television.

I've been tv-free for two years ):P

CharmyBee
May 18th, 2009, 06:32 AM
quizno's done worse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrks-BPeLQ).

Chemical Imbalance
May 18th, 2009, 06:34 AM

That one is probably the reason I stopped watching t.v. :D

PhoHammer
May 18th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Hmmm... that makes me not want to buy their sandwich.

This makes me even happier knowing that I am not missing anything by not watching television.

You know you're all the better for it! I've cut my TV watching down by about 90% over the past
5 years and I love it!

Tipped OuT
May 18th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Roflmfaocoptor x99999
"They Got A Pepper Bar!" :lolflag::lolflag:

MikeTheC
May 18th, 2009, 07:33 AM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/764/quiznosanim.gif

MikeTheC
May 18th, 2009, 07:35 AM

I've been tv-free for more than 15... After a while, when you try to watch what's on, you'll find more and more stuff is just an insult to your intelligence.

Corelogik
May 18th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I am at a loss for words for this. I have a TV in the house. I watch maybe 3 shows in a givien week. Since the season has ended for Battlestar Galactica, 2 now.

Most of what I watch is History or Discovery channel. I can't stand normal TV.

MikeTheC
May 18th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I am at a loss for words for this. I have a TV in the house. I watch maybe 3 shows in a givien week. Since the season has ended for Battlestar Galactica, 2 now.

Most of what I watch is History or Discovery channel. I can't stand normal TV.

I have basic minimum ($13ish per month) for my mom so she can tape and watch her daytime soaps and night dramas on the majors with no concern for reception quality or signal compatibility. I'd love to subscribe to History or Discovery (and a few others I can think of) but I refuse pay for other channels along with them.

Until or unless I can pick and choose which specific channels I want, there's no way I'm subscribing to more. To be honest, I'm not the type to sit in front of a TV, so it's probably a moot point anyhow.

Besides, I don't think any of the TVs in the house (27" RCA ProScan in the living room, and three 9" portable TVs on the other side of the house) are newer than about 1996 vintage, so why would I bother subscribing to broadcasts designed to be watched on 16:9 / 16:10 equipment when all we've got is 4:3?

toupeiro
May 18th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Their sandwiches are nasty...

pwnst*r
May 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM
yes, it'd be nice if we could totally go ala carte with tv to weed out those 100's of channels we don't watch.

i'm like some of you. i watch a handful of shows and others shows i wait until it's available on dvd/blu-ray and get it from netflix. i rarely have to suffer through commercials unless i'm watching some baseball, hockey, or formula one, which i prefer to watch live.

devosion
May 18th, 2009, 12:38 PM
LOL @ That Quizno's Toast Machine gif

And I honestly don't know. That commercial is disturbing on so many levels that I refuse to put their torpedo anywhere near my mouth.

pwnst*r
May 18th, 2009, 12:47 PM
would have been perfect with just a "Put it in me, Scott" caption.

swoll1980
June 18th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Quizno's Toasty Torpedo ad, I think it's pretty freakin' weird. Does this type of ad really sell sandwiches. here (chainleader.com/blog/170000417/post/1730042573.html) It's the second video on the page.

nmccrina
June 18th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Quizno's has always had creepy commercials. (I didn't actually watch this one, since I don't have Flash). Remember the talking baby one? Not cool, not funny, not a good ad.

Their subs are good, though. :D

zmjjmz
June 18th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Actually it's roboerotic, because the oven is not a biological male.

DCGStudios
June 18th, 2009, 06:02 AM
It made you remember it didnt it? Thats what i call marketing. ;)

pwnst*r
June 18th, 2009, 06:03 AM
old

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1162688

;P

swoll1980
June 18th, 2009, 06:04 AM
It made you remember it didnt it? Thats what i call marketing. ;)

The fact that it's on tv every 5 minutes does that pretty well on it's own, without all the weirdness.

-grubby
Get a sense of humor? I'm glad they're not trying to be as politically correct as possible.

xuCGC002
Did the writer have an oven fetish? :-k

In response to all the controversy, they changed it from "Put it in me" to "I'm waiting for it". Although it doesn't help much.

DCGStudios
June 18th, 2009, 06:06 AM
The fact that it's on tv every 5 minutes does that pretty well on it's own, without all the weirdness.
lol also true

swoll1980
June 18th, 2009, 06:07 AM
old

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1162688

;P

I remember seeing that thread title a few days ago. Didn't think it was anything interesting, so I passed it up.

H2SO_four
June 18th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Its creepy, but not in the Burger King commercial way.

swoll1980
June 18th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Its creepy, but not in the Burger King commercial way.

Some of the Burger King ads are pretty weird too. Like the one where he's watching that guy sleep.

pwnst*r
June 18th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Some of the Burger King ads are pretty weird too. Like the one where he's watching that guy sleep.

ah, that's why the four letter word.

H2SO_four
June 18th, 2009, 06:29 AM

Ya, I like eating BK. The ads are too creepy for me though!

When I saw the new Quizno's ad today I was half-expecting to hear the oven say something like "put it in me" or other such craziness!

dmizer
June 18th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Leaving this open under the following conditions:

1) There should be no discussion regarding the morality of or preference for sexual orientation.
2) No derogatory remarks directed towards anyone of any sexual preference.
3) No politics
4) Keep it lighthearted and enjoyable

Thank you :)

swoll1980
June 18th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Ya, I like eating BK. The ads are too creepy for me though!

When I saw the new Quizno's ad today I was half-expecting to hear the oven say something like "put it in me" or other such craziness!

Did you look at my link? They actually edited it I guess. Now the oven says "I'm waiting for it Scott" instead. Whatever happened to the days when old ladies could go around saying "Where's the beef!? to sell sandwiches.

RiceMonster
June 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I find it ammusing because I used to work at a Quizno's and the owner's name was Scott. The dude's name in the commercial is Scott.

overdrank
June 18th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Threads merged :)

Therion
June 18th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Threads merged.
Say it sexy, overdrank...

swoll1980
June 18th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Not entiiiirely sure why there's such a fuss and ho-daddle over a Tv commercial that's just trying to be funny... so what if it's homosexual.

It's not funny, and the ovens voice is really creepy. If the oven was all "flaming"(no pun intended) and talking with a lisp, it would have been way funny.

I doubt any of you would be going as OTT if the oven had a womans voice.

Just like no one made a big deal out of the Perris Hilton hamburger ad. :roll:

HappyFeet
June 18th, 2009, 06:22 PM
They just changed the qizno's ad to say "I'm waiting for it" instead of "put it in me".

tgalati4
June 18th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Fast food executives are in a quandary: if raw food costs exceed 29% of the retail cost then they don't make any money. For a $4 torpedo that's $1.16 US. You try to make something edible for $1.16.

~30% of the cost goes to labor and overhead. The remaining goes to strange commercials.

Here's an idea for a Quizno's commercial:

Bored teenager pulling brown, burned things out of the HAL oven.

More bored teenagers filing in to grab them hot off of the counter.

Close-up of one biting into brown, burned sandwich.

Big smile on his face--then says with his mouth full: "We all gotta take a bite!"

--------------------------

Next time you walk into a fast food joint, think of this:

Mike Taibbi comparing the banking industry to the fast food industry.

This isn’t really commerce, but much more like organized crime: it was a gigantic fraud perpetrated on the economy that wouldn’t have been possible without accomplices in the ratings agencies and regulators willing to turn a blind eye. Imagine a meat company that bred ten billion rats, fattened them on trash and sewage, ground their bodies into chuck, and then sold it all as grade-A ground beef to McDonald’s and Burger King, right under the noses of the USDA: this is exactly the same thing, only with debt instead of food. We’re eating it, they’re counting the money.

http://trueslant.com/matttaibbi/2009/06/18/the-greatest-non-apology-of-all-time/

----------------------------

Looks like material for a Ralph Nader commercial.

Suddenly, I'm not hungry anymore.

elbanda
March 16th, 2010, 08:21 PM
new here in the forum. That is just to show that here in the states we are just too up-tight. That commercial is funny.

wojox
March 16th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Do they cut off the but ends in Cali?

Sporkman
March 16th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Quizno's has always had a brain-dead marketing department.

walkerk
March 16th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I like Quizno's and thought the commercial was funny...

Ric_NYC
March 17th, 2010, 12:40 AM
LOL

That's strange!

dmizer
March 17th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Please do not raise the dead.

Thank you.