PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Incredible lag in 9.04 with my 690G and X2 4800+

michely
May 18th, 2009, 02:50 AM
I recently installed Ubuntu 9.04 with wubi to test it. It was lagging so much on my system I had to uninstall it. I thought at first it was WUBI the problem, so I installed it using a dedicated EXT3 partition. Still the same thing. I installed Kubuntu instead still the same thing.

The symptom is as follow: The system work for a couple of seconds then the mouse hang for about 5 seconds. Then it still work for a couple of seconds then the mouse hang for about 5 seconds.I have the same symptom using only the boot CDs.

I upgraded my BIOS and tried to tweak it a little without success.

I don't have that problem using my Ubuntu 8.04..1 boot CD, Windows XP pro and Vista.

Here is my system specs:
Athlon X2 4800+
Asus M2A-VM
690G chipset
Radeon X1250 onboard video
Realtek ALC883 audio codec
Laserjet 6L printer
LG 19" LCD connected to DVI (main monitor)
Viewsonic 37" LCD TV connected to VGA (secondary monitor)
WD 200GB SATA drive
WD 80GB SATA drive
Pioneer 16X DVD/RW DL

I really would like to switch to Linux, but every time I tried, I had problems I could not ignore.

makeyre
June 18th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Yeah, just letting you know that I have the same problem with similar hardware (same motherboard, different AMD X2 processor).

I posted here, but had no luck in getting a response or fixing the issue: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7455609

I plan to try the radeon or radeonhd drivers next, but I think that might cause worse problems.