PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Graphics Card and Driver Problems

khaos28
May 18th, 2009, 12:57 AM
OK. so I'm new to Ubuntu, and with some help from a friend I've got almost everything up and running. The only thing that I'm having problems with is a PCI input nVidia 6200 graphics card. I have the driver all installed, but i can't run ubuntu through this specific card.

Well the only way i can get ubuntu to come up is in the low graphics version, with my on-board set as my primary adapter. Currently there are no other PCI slots being used, and the Card was working just fine yesterday before i put Ubuntu on my computer. But when i try to get Ubuntu to load with my card set as the primary adapter, it goes to the load screen and stops maybe 10% of the way, it freezes here and just doesn't move past it. I have tried recovery mode as well, but the code that comes up on the black screen also freezes as well.

chicken_Combo
May 18th, 2009, 01:05 AM
same problem with my nvidia MX4...

khaos28
May 18th, 2009, 01:06 AM
same problem with my nvidia MX4...

Sweet, at least we have a few people who are now suffering from the same issues.
and hopefully we can get some answers. I'm still looking and if i get anything to work i'll let you know.

Cillys
May 23rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
Same issue with a Geforce 7600 on a Sony Viao ... not matter what versin drivers or what version ubuntu ... manual or auto install ...

i'm thinking of switching to Suse or Red Hat .. :(