PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Setting KDE Logout Options

skewray
May 17th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Where are KDE logout options set? I have two computers. On one, when I logout of KDE the computer just shuts down. On the other, when I logout I am returned to the login manager, and then I have to shut the machine down. Hunting through the various settings managers hasn't turned anything up for me yet. Thanks!

Brian

benerivo
May 17th, 2009, 09:04 PM
The logout options are set in System Settings > Session Manager. But i think it also depends on how you log out. The three ways i can see, all offer different options...

1. Right (context) click on the desktop area.
2. From the main menu.
3. From the logout plasmoid.

skewray
May 18th, 2009, 03:06 AM
The logout options are set in System Settings > Session Manager. But i think it also depends on how you log out. The three ways i can see, all offer different options...

1. Right (context) click on the desktop area.
2. From the main menu.
3. From the logout plasmoid.

The same thing happens with all three ways to log out. I already used the Session Manager to set the options to shutdown and don't ask, but it does anyway.

Brian

surfed
June 7th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Any solution? My kde shuts down if i log out and if i say shut down....somethings borked

skewray
June 13th, 2009, 11:41 PM
No solution yet. I may file a bug report if nothing turns up.

Zorael
June 14th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Perhaps there's a setting you could manually change in /etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc?

skewray
July 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I looked through /etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc and changed various settings that seemed appropriate, but nothing had any effect. The problem must be elsewhere.

kingjere
July 18th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I'm experiencing this too. I just noticed this today. The problem is, I seldom just logout and therefore have no idea how long this has been going on.

kingjere
July 18th, 2009, 04:26 PM
to try to diagnose this I created a new user. That new user could logout correctly. The only difference in the settings is that "confirm logout" was checked. I changed mine and it worked.

In summary Kickoff --> System Settings --> Advanced --> Session Manager

check Confirm logout
check offer shutdown options
Select End current session
Select Restore previous session
Click apply

logout

Can you folks confirm?

skewray
July 28th, 2009, 04:19 AM
You've nailed it. That fixes the problem admirably. Thanks!

Brian