PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dragging photos from Digikam - copy instead of move

number nine
May 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
(I'm running a fresh install of Jaunty (64-bit). I was previously running 32-bit Hoary installation that had been upgraded many, many times, and was originally installed as Kubuntu.)

One of the things I do fairly often is to drag photos from digikam to Nautilus. When I do this, I want to Copy the files (usually because I'm exporting them somewhere that Digikam doesn't have an export filter for), not Move them. On my previous install I would get a contexual menu that asked if I wanted to Copy, Move, or Link the file that I was dragging, but on this install the photos always Move. Normally this can be overridden in Nautilus by holding down Shift or Alt, but those hotkeys don't work when dragging a file from Digikam to Nautilus (presumably because one is Gnome and the other KDE?)

I've tried loading up Konqueror to see if I could find the option to re-enable the contextual menu when dragging but I can't find it. Can anybody help?

seanlano
August 29th, 2009, 03:16 AM
I am also having this problem. This is the first time I have used digiKam, and I find this very annoying. Does anyone have a solution?

andyhelloween
November 24th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Just looking for this answer... two years after! :)

overdrank
November 24th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Hi and please start a new thread with your issue. Thread closed. :)