PDA

View Full Version : Epiphany or Galeon

Vostrocity
May 17th, 2009, 02:25 PM
In addition to Firefox and Opera, I have Galeon and had Epiphany installed for emergencies and such. I installed and uninstalled Epiphany once before, but then recently decided to give it a try again. So I was using Ephiphany for the past week. But guess what, it still sucks, especially compared to its older brother Galeon. If you didn't know, Galeon was introed back in 2000, then Epiphany forked off from it in 02, and then Galeon was discontinued in 05 while Epiphany is being supported today. Ironically Galeon is better than it afaik. Just a few examples of what's wrong (I'm sure these can be tweaked but there's no reason to when Galeon already does all of it):
-Renders some sites (like Gmail) using my GTK theme font color (which is light on dark) and that doesn't work well on any site that's dark on light
-For some reason uses a really small font
-Freezes whenever I try to access History
-Less stable than Galeon
-Does not have Add Tabs to Bookmarks option for browser crash recovery (to give credit I haven't seen that feature in Firefox or Opera either)

Sorry about that rant, but I'm really tired of it.

qamelian
May 17th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I always loved Galeon. It was my favourite browser on Gnome. I want to like Epiphany but I always feel like I'm only getting half an application for some reason. It's just not comfortable to use.