PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.04 slowed down

axelhdz2k3
May 17th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Hello,

I first installed Ubuntu within Wndows XP to make sure I was happy with Ubuntu. Ubuntu was awesome and I decided to finally dump Windows. I formatted the drive and made a new Ubuntu 8 install and then updated it 9.04. Now It seems like everything is going nuts and it feels like I am having similar issues as in Windows. The PC seems to run slower and I am unable to view videos in YOUTUBE and HULU.com.

What should I be looking for in order to speed up my PC once again and be able to view videos?

As a reminder I tried Ubuntu within Windows and it was great.

Please help. I don't want to go back to Windows!

Thanks

taurus
May 17th, 2009, 02:48 AM
What's the spec of your machine? Did you install a driver for the graphic card? Also, why not just install the latest release instead of installing an older release and upgrading to the latest version?

axelhdz2k3
May 17th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Celeron 2.6Ghz, 1 Gig memory,200GB Drive and Nvidia Graphics. I read somewhere here that it was better to upgrade. Same install type within windows.

axelhdz2k3
May 17th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Youtube and Hulu are now working. PC is still running slow as if it were windows.

taurus
May 17th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Is it running slow or lagging when you scroll or move the mouse?

axelhdz2k3
May 17th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Its lagging.

taurus
May 17th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Which nvidia graphic card do you have? Look in System -> Administration -> Hardware Drivers to see if it's on the list where you can install a driver for it.