PDA

View Full Version : EuroviSion

zurack
May 16th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Live from Moscow, watching on BBC.

http://www.eurovision.tv/

:D To early yet to say who may win but the first two (Israel and Lith) look pretty dire.

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM

:D To early yet to say who may win but the first two (Israel and Lith) look pretty dire.

haha, forgot this crap was on

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
omfg graham norton </3

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah I'm not watching given that neither Terry Wogan nor Dave Lamb are doing it

I want a vaguely rock band to win like when Lordi stole the show in 200whenever

Redache
Ug It's Graham Norton, he's even worse than Terry Wogan.

Sweden are currently being awfull.

SuperSonic4
also why did they take casualty off for this :(

Elfy
May 16th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I was trying hard to forget ... so thanks ;)

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah I'm not watching given that neither Terry Wogan nor Dave Lamb are doing it

I want a vaguely rock band to win like when Lordi stole the show in 200whenever

lordi rocked! it needs something to shake the crap up like a cannibal corpse kinda entry or something :D

spongypants23
May 16th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Malena Ernman (Sweden) sounded absolutely horrible... She was much better during Melodifestivalen...

Dang.

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Well Northern Kings almost made it as Finland's entry but they didn't get nominated because Finns didn't vote for it XD

Is anyone actually singing along on the digital channels XD

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Well Northern Kings almost made it as Finland's entry but they didn't get nominated because Finns didn't vote for it XD

Is anyone actually singing along on the digital channels XD

lmfao, for real? they should have entered CoB with needled 24/7 ;D

and no im listening/watching a bit via www.tvcatchup.com (http://www.tvcatchup.com)

im too lazy to get up too put the tv on...

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 08:36 PM
lmfao, for real? they should have entered CoB with needled 24/7 ;D

Something like that, my brother sent me an email about it but then I didn't bother checking it up so I assume they didn't make it. Tbh I think CoB would have scared the rest of the continent - Sonata Arctica would have be good

Portugal sucked but Iceland's singer is hot lol

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Something like that, my brother sent me an email about it but then I didn't bother checking it up so I assume they didn't make it. Tbh I think CoB would have scared the rest of the continent - Sonata Arctica would have be good

Portugal sucked but Iceland's singer is hot lol

LOL, cob was actually up for the vote? xD

and meh@the iceland singer

solitaire
May 16th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Iceland with the "girl in the blue loo-roll cover" was good :D lol

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 08:43 PM
LOL, cob was actually up for the vote? xD

and meh@the iceland singer

No, no - I was just talking in general lol.

And my tv is within arm's reach :p

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 08:45 PM
No, no - I was just talking in general lol.

And my tv is within arm's reach :p

lol, we're gonna get owned again......

wheredidrealitygo
May 16th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Can we go back to Western Europe for a bit now?

Azerbaijan and Bosnia & Herzegovina scared me :(

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 09:13 PM
lmao@denmark pretending to be ronan keating

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 09:17 PM
dita von teeseeeeeeeeeeeeeee. **** YES :D

germany have to win!

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 09:19 PM
wtf... still the best yet for Deutschland

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 09:21 PM
wtf... still the best yet for Deutschland

dude, it had dita, its all it needs to win ;D

Eisenwinter
May 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM

I hope all the eurovision participants die.

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 09:28 PM

huh?

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 09:29 PM

That's not a very nice thing to say :(

This Norwegian guy is already annoying me >.<

well the UK sucked as normal and Finland are too, it's a shame the Finns had potential

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 09:44 PM
go suomi!

Eisenwinter
May 16th, 2009, 10:01 PM
go suomi!
sina olet suomalainen?

zurack
May 16th, 2009, 10:10 PM
lol, :D

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 10:10 PM
sina olet suomalainen?

ei, svenska/englanni :P

lisati
May 16th, 2009, 10:19 PM

I concur with the "huh?" and "That's not very nice!" sentiments expressed by others.

All I have to add at this stage: Bring back Abba (http://www.abbasite.com/)! It's the 35th anniversary of their win this year!

(and don't give me that "35 year anniversary" nonsense: an anniversary is, by definition, every year!)

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I hope someone gets nul points XD

Graham Norton is failing in his sarcasm skills *not impressed*

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 10:21 PM
I hope someone gets nul points XD

Graham Norton is failing in his sarcasm skills *not impressed*

graham norton IS a fail :/

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 10:23 PM
This is very true. Dave Lamb would have been better

ice60
May 16th, 2009, 10:26 PM
i was watching the programme on Richard the Lionheart on channel 4 +1and saw the 10 second recap of each act during the commericals for Richard the Lionheart. they are all awful as usual, but the uk one was the best because she's the only one that can sing, it's still very bad though.

i heard terry wogan resigned over Eastern European bloc voting. i think the uk also came last lol.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2028839/Eurovision-Song-Contest-Sir-Terry-Wogan-may-resign-over-bloc-voting-row.html

lets be serious for a second - there's only one European country capable of producing good music. :D as long as the judging isn't done by experts the uk won't win as most of Europe don't know what good music is, it's ashame lol. i wasn't going to watch eurovision, but i've talked myself in to watching it now so i can shout at all the morons on tv that don't know what they're talking about loool

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 10:28 PM
i was watching the programme on Richard the Lionheart on channel 4 +1and saw the 10 second recap of each act during the commericals for Richard the Lionheart. they are all awful as usual, but the uk one was the best because she's the only one that can sing, it's still very bad though.

i heard terry wogan resigned over Eastern European bloc voting. i think the uk also came last lol.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2028839/Eurovision-Song-Contest-Sir-Terry-Wogan-may-resign-over-bloc-voting-row.html

lets be serious for a second - there's only one European country capable of producing good music. :D as long as the judging isn't done by experts the uk won't win as most of Europe don't know what good music is, it's ashame lol. i wasn't going to watch eurovision, but i've talked myself in to watching it now so i can shout at all the morons on tv that don't know what they're talking about loool

Finland make the best music - Lordi currently hold the record with 296 points ;)

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 10:28 PM

actually i kinda liked all of them...

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 10:30 PM
finland make the best music - lordi currently hold the record with 296 points ;)

+1

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Shame Norway are going to own here, it's pretty obvious Norway will win, as long as they don't beat Lordi some integrity will be maintained.

At least Iceland are doing well XD

:( Germany are last >.<

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Shame Norway are going to own here, it's pretty obvious Norway will win, as long as they don't beat Lordi some integrity will be maintained.

At least Iceland are doing well XD

:( Germany are last >.<

poor dita :(

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 10:39 PM
At least the UK gave Germany 7 points lol

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 10:40 PM
At least the UK gave Germany 7 points lol

norway are gonna go past lordis record

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 10:42 PM
norway are gonna go past lordis record

Yeah it's obvious :(
ah well lol

ice60
May 16th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Finland make the best music - Lordi currently hold the record with 296 points ;)
i've never heard of Lordi. the only groups i know are bucks fizz and that transvestite, or transgender, or whatever the person was that won a few years a go.

i do remember the uk act from a few years a go that were sooooooooo bad, they said they couldn't hear the music in their earpieces or something, i might try and find it on youtube, it was funny how bad they were lol.

EDIT: found it (they got 0 points lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5kgSeZHfw

Jemini admitted that their performance was off-key, and claimed they were unable to hear the backing track due to a technical fault. Chris claimed that Terry Wogan had before the contest warned them that they would not get any points due to the Iraq War. loooooooool
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cry_Baby_(Jemini_song)

actually i kinda liked all of them...did you forget to turn your hearing aid on perhaps :confused:

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 10:51 PM
i've never heard of Lordi. the only groups i know are bucks fizz and that transvestite, or transgender, or whatever the person was that won a few years a go.

i do remember the uk act from a few years a go that were sooooooooo bad, they said they couldn't hear the music in their earpieces or something, i might try and find it on youtube, it was funny how bad they were lol.

did you forget to turn your hearing aid on perhaps :confused:

lmaooooooooo :P

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 10:51 PM
It's ok, I remember it xD

zurack
May 16th, 2009, 10:53 PM

did you forget to turn your hearing aid on perhaps :confused:

Verka Serdyuchka, Ukraine drag queen in 2007?

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Norway have simply owned this, more like damage control now

ice60
May 16th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Lordi currently hold the record with 296 points ;)
not anymore mate ;) lol

Verka Serdyuchka, Ukraine drag queen in 2007?yeah, i think that's it, this is the first time i think i've seen it. i thought he's had a sex change though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hco0bR_mfzo

SuperSonic4
May 16th, 2009, 10:59 PM
not anymore mate ;) lol
yeah, i think that's it, this is the first time i think i've seen it. i thought he's had a sex change though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hco0bR_mfzo

In my defence it was at the time of writing ;) By tonight I think I'll be very good at saying douze points pour le norwege

ice60
May 16th, 2009, 11:07 PM
In my defence it was at the time of writing ;) By tonight I think I'll be very good at saying douze points pour le norwege
i just hope you looked that up somewhere rather than knowing it lol.

there's another reason i like Eurovision now and that's because it's all in english (unless each country has it in their own language?) the french hate it when things aren't in french.

Eurovision is really starting to turn me in to a xenophobe for some reason.

Swarms
May 16th, 2009, 11:08 PM
lmao@denmark pretending to be ronan keating

At least it is music, which is more than you can say about Finland's entry...
Eurovision is a terrible concept.

nolliecrooked
May 16th, 2009, 11:08 PM
5th...........not too bad :P

NCLI
May 16th, 2009, 11:42 PM
at least it is music, which is more than you can say about finland's entry...
Eurovision is a terrible concept.

QFT.r