PDA

View Full Version : Computers vs human brain

elliotn
May 16th, 2009, 05:01 AM
A computer executes data in just a few touch of a knob. Thus a human brain think and decides by itself, make its own decisions quick and fast

samjh
May 16th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Point?

hanzomon4
May 16th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Point?
Your brain runs Linux

Bölvağur
May 16th, 2009, 03:58 PM
A computer executes data in just a few touch of a knob. Thus a human brain think and decides by itself, make its own decisions quick and fast

We all would like the belief that but the fact is that the human mind is easily manipulable as Derren Brown showed us all in few tv series and some shows on stage. And with behavior science we can observe that we can control other organism's (pigeons, rats, children, dogs... ect) behavior.. and that what you do is more important than what is happening inside your head.

Computers on the other hand can be programmed to have or lack the attraction that can be manipulated. And we can program a computer to reason.
So in theory a computer could outperform you by great margins and they will.

Just because you aren't used to seeing something, even though it can be engineered, doesn't mean it can never happen.

Computers will always win, the human mind finds it too easy to accept false and diluted thoughts. That's why every computer could become a scientist instead of philosophy and people we aren't allowed to talk about here on this forum.

Hells_Dark
May 16th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Point?

The brain can find the point. The machine can't.

:D

WatchingThePain
May 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I think the original poster would get more interesting replies if they elaborate a bit.

What are you trying to say?.
Is it that the Human brain is better than a computer?.

In what way and under what circumstances?.

I suppose the Human brain created computers so it must be more advanced than any computer, although computers are far better than us at some things like fast calculations and number crunching.

karellen
May 16th, 2009, 04:34 PM
considering the fact that a computer is, technically speaking, just a huge adder, human brains wins; anyway, a comparations is far fetched, as their nature and principles of functioning are much too different

Sewje
May 16th, 2009, 06:14 PM
A human brain works beyond its boundaries.
A computer is limited by it boundaries.

johnb820
May 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Deep Blue is my hero.

StOoZ
May 16th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Your brain runs Linux

good point. kernel version? ;)

Bölvağur
May 16th, 2009, 06:31 PM
A human brain works beyond its boundaries.
A computer is limited by it boundaries.

Hmm... I study psychology and computer science at my beloved university, I guess you to too......

drawkcab
May 16th, 2009, 07:08 PM
We all would like the belief that but the fact is that the human mind is easily manipulable as Derren Brown showed us all in few tv series and some shows on stage. And with behavior science we can observe that we can control other organism's (pigeons, rats, children, dogs... ect) behavior.. and that what you do is more important than what is happening inside your head.

Computers on the other hand can be programmed to have or lack the attraction that can be manipulated. And we can program a computer to reason.
So in theory a computer could outperform you by great margins and they will.

Just because you aren't used to seeing something, even though it can be engineered, doesn't mean it can never happen.

Computers will always win, the human mind finds it too easy to accept false and diluted thoughts. That's why every computer could become a scientist instead of philosophy and people we aren't allowed to talk about here on this forum.

The problem with this view is that scientific practice is not based on rational deduction, and hasn't been since the middle ages. Scientific advances involve revolutions that, in turn, involve the construction of theoretical discourses, discourses which explain the success of new hypotheses and which are ultimately incommensurable with prior theoretical discourses. In other words, science necessarily involves non-quantitative elements--feelings and values are, in fact, cognitive and play an essential role in scientific creativity. You may confirm this by by walking into your local university and talking to any scientist or mathematician.

A computer is simply a tool, one that can be used to execute a series of rational inferences according to a set of basic syntactic operators. Expecting such a tool to actually advance science is like expecting your hammer to draw up blue prints of a house for you.

To grasp this point, you actually have to know something about the history and philosophy of science. But we are not allowed to talk about those kind of people are we?

WatchingThePain
May 16th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Deep Blue is my hero.

Look up 'Road Runner' supercomputer.

Delever
May 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Programming humans is very time consuming and unreliable process, therefore I vote for computer.