PDA

View Full Version : Office/Mail Question

granite230
January 12th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Hi!

I need an Office Suite which can display MS documents exactly as they would look in MS Office. My father receives this stuff for his business and it HAS to be 100% compatible. I had to re-organise one whole document for him once because OpenOffice messed up the layout.
I also caught Evolution showing some e-mails incorrectly (or could my settings be incorrect?)

My questions:

Is there some alternative to OpenOffice which DOES show MS documents 100% correct? Or is OpenOffice really the best?
And what about Mozilla Thunderbird as replacement for Evolution?

I'm now working on a Windows machine but I'd like to have Linux back. The only way I can do that is to make absolutely sure my father can do his business absolutely undisturbed.

offtopic:
this is really one disadvantage for Linux... if only the smallest thing won't work perfectly people won't make the switch because 'Windows does it better'.

xequence
January 12th, 2006, 02:10 AM
You can try Koffice and Gnome Office (I think thats what theyre called, not sure).

And I dont know if they work with MS Office docs though. You could run MS Office in crossover. Nothing wrong with using microsoft products, Office 2003 is a great piece of software ;)