PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu 9.04 will not install

James Ryan
May 15th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I'm trying to try out the latest ubuntu. I have tried re-downloading the iso and burning it two different ways, both with the same results. No matter if i try the live cd, or install, it still freezes when loading the cd at the same spot(right under the n in ubuntu if anyone cares). I have even tried turning off the options(have no clue what they mean) and putting it in safe graphics mode, nothing works.

Why is this happening?

bloeper
May 15th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Is it an old pc you're trying to install it on?
The last time i encountered that problem was on my old laptop..
Then i used the alternate cd and it went fine...

James Ryan
May 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I woudln't say its too old. Its a pentium 4 @2.80, with 1.25 GB RAM. I also need to mention that i did check the cd from the menu, and it found it to be fine. Even an install in windows did not work right, it goes to load and freezes at the same spot.

dstew
May 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Try the disk in another computer. If it doesn't work there, I would suspect the disk is bad. If it works in a different computer, there may be some problem with the Live CD software not being compatible with your computer's hardware. If that is the case, try the Alternate Install CD.

James Ryan
May 15th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Ok i was planning to try it in another PC, I am downloading the alternative right now too. I will post my results back asap.