PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Amarok 2 error after upgrade to Jaunty 9.04

iption
May 15th, 2009, 11:05 AM
After I upgraded my ubuntu to Jaunty, a lot of errors sprung up. Amarok starts, normally playlist loads, collection ok, everything ok, but when I press play nothing happens. I try to press it a couple of times more, then i get an amarok notification saying: "Too many errors encountered in playlist. Playback has stopped." I tried reinstalling amarok but nothing changed.

Other things that are not working in Jaunty are Macromedia Flash although I have it installed (and tried reinstalling), and my global shortcuts I set up in metacity.

So please some help on this.

Lord Delirium
May 16th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I had the same problem ("Too many errors encountered in playlist. Playback has stopped.", nothing plays) with Amarok 2.0.2 using Ubuntu 9.10. It was corrected when I installed this (using synaptic package manager):

libxine1-ffmpeg

Before doing this I also installed "phonon-backend-xine", may be it is also needed (not sure).
If does not work, try to remove "phonon-backend-gstreamer" (will also uninstall amarok) and reinstall "photon-backend-xine" and "amarok". Then reboot. This worked for me.

Hope it helps.
Lord Delirium

weremichael
May 18th, 2009, 05:54 AM

Before doing this I also installed "phonon-backend-xine", may be it is also needed (not sure).

Hope it helps.
Lord Delirium

That's what fixed it for me. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

-Michael

barahonachrism
June 10th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Not needed remove "phonon-backend-gstreamer", You can install "phonon-backend-xine" anyway, and amarok works fine.

H4rold
June 10th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I had the same problem ("Too many errors encountered in playlist. Playback has stopped.", nothing plays) with Amarok 2.0.2 using Ubuntu 9.10. It was corrected when I installed this (using synaptic package manager):

libxine1-ffmpeg

If does not work, try to remove "phonon-backend-gstreamer" (will also uninstall amarok) and reinstall "photon-backend-xine" and "amarok". Then reboot. This worked for me.

Hope it helps.
Lord Delirium
The libxine1-ffmpeg solved it for me, thanks !

stormzen
June 14th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I just upgraded to Jaunty from Intrepid yesterday. I was pleased to see sound mostly working (as I'd had no end of troubles with Intrepid), however, Amarok didn't seem to know how to play music anymore. I discovered that I was now running 2.02 ( I think ), and visited #ubuntu and #amarok to figure out how to get it working. I was told to upgrade to 2.1 by this method: http://www.kubuntu.org/news/amarok-2.1 . ( I was told that I could actually see my sound settings with 2.1, which proved to be an accurate statement. )

After upgrading, it crashed the first time it ran, but just the once. However, the files still wouldn't play. I played around with the sound settings ( configure:playback:sound system configure ) and found that it tested just fine against my card, however, setting that card for all the settings had no effect.

I saw this thread, and uninstalled phonon-backed-gstreamer, but it did not uninstall amarok when I did so, so I just left it uninstalled, and played with the sound configuration again. I noticed that PulseAudio and Esound both also tested successfully, so I switched to Esound, and then found that I could the music...

chiques
June 18th, 2009, 10:27 PM
This worked for me! Thanks!

Raynman37
June 19th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Worked for me as well, thanks!

Nytehawq
June 20th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Installing phonon-backend-xine did the trick for me! Thanks for the tip.

Bart B
June 24th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I had to uninstall phonon-backend-gstreamer

B0rat
June 28th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Installing phonon-backend-xine did the trick for me! Thank you posting this... pity it can't work "out of the box" :S

filipejps
July 4th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Installing phonon-backend-xine did the trick for me also

mallidi.harish
August 3rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the solution. It really solved my problem.

dark0dave
September 18th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Thanks dude! It works perfectly

kunalgautam
October 18th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Yup same here it solved mine problem too :)

Thanks to all :) :guitar:

andromeda786
October 28th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Installing phonon-backend-xine and then libxine1-ffmpeg worked for me.

Jesua
November 9th, 2009, 02:37 PM

Worked... thanks... :lolflag:

TheBishopsBane
January 29th, 2010, 05:33 AM
I seem to be having the same problem here. I've just installed Amarok for Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala (Gnome). Amarok works for some MP3s, but not all. Here's what I know/what I've tried:

Certain files play fine, with others skipping to the next track immediately
After 10 or so errored-out songs in a row, I get the "Too many errors encountered in playlist, playback stopped" error, and the tracks halt.
The songs which work seem to be related (though I can't tell why), as whole albums will either work completely, or not at all.
Judging from the file properties, all the files seem to have the same codec "MPEG 1 Audio, Layer 3 (MP3)"
The issue doesn't seem to have anything to do with bitrate (ie, some 128kbps files work, some don't. Same with higher and lower bitrates)
I've installed/re-installed/updated all of the following (several times): phonon-backend-xine, libxine1-ffmpeg, amarok using both Synaptic and the command line.
I've uninstalled phonon-backend-gstreamer
All the affected files play fine in Songbird.

I'd really like to use Amarok over Songbird, but I'm at my wits end as to how to solve this problem. Any one have any ideas?