PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Maybe it's just me, but Jaunty is riddled with problems. Help please?

CaptainFapMaster
May 15th, 2009, 04:13 AM
First of all, Firefox has about a 50% chance of actually loading videos properly, otherwise it freezes. Then, when I hit close or CTRL-Q, it closes but when I try and open it, I get a message saying that it's already open and I have to close it to re open it. So I have to navigate to the System Monitor, and end the process.

Secondly, it randomly logs me out and sends me back to the log in screen, instantly killing all my applications, mostly when I'm trying to watch local videos that I downloaded from my video camera in the .avi format.

Thirdly, and this is the most minor complaint, I can no longer switch to the highest graphical settings in the display menu, which I COULD do in 8.10.

And on a side note, the second headphone jack on my Inspiron 1525 still doesn't work, although it never has.

I'm running 9.04 on a standard Dell Inspiron 1525, so if anyone could help me with these problems, that would be great.

May 15th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Firefox crashes on me a lot. For me, I think the problems stems from closing a page with a flash or shockwave video that is loading.

It seems that my problem is simply a bug in the plugin.
Maybe this describes the issue you encountered?

CaptainFapMaster
May 15th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Could be, mine doesn't crash when I close a LOADING video, it crashes when I try and do anything involving a video. I was also wondering, is there a way for me to downgrade to 8.10? That was one of the best builds I've ever used. I don't know why I upgraded.

alphacrucis2
May 15th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Could be, mine doesn't crash when I close a LOADING video, it crashes when I try and do anything involving a video. I was also wondering, is there a way for me to downgrade to 8.10? That was one of the best builds I've ever used. I don't know why I upgraded.

I don't believe you cab "downgrade". You would have to reinstall 8.10 which would wipe out you data unless you have /home on a separate partition. How about trying to fix the problem. It just flash videos you are having trouble with? Also what graphics card and driver are you using?

CaptainFapMaster
May 15th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD. Whatever the default driver in Ubuntu is. I'm not sure how to find out, considering I've never had to screw with my drivers since I switched over from Windows.