PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Window Manager and Workspace Switcher Issues

physeetcosmo
May 15th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Anyone and all -

I recently had a set of needed updates from Ubuntu and performed the update, with no problems. I have no idea what these were, as after I have done enough upgrades with Ubuntu I have just been trusting what they have been offering and don't really look at the updates anymore.

However, after this last batch of updates, my window manager seems to be a little messed up.

All of my application windows are at the top of the screen, and I cannot see the + - X boxes in the top right corner. I tried hitting F11 on multiple application windows and none of them resize properly.

Another issue: my "Workspace Switcher" has issues: I change the number from 1 to any other number and the icon in my Gnome panel becomes really thin and I don't have any more than the one Workspace (CTRL + ATL + Left/Right doesn't do anything).

So can anyone tell me how to roll back from the last upgrade, or see where this error is occurring?

Thanks!:)

physeetcosmo
May 15th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Anyone and all -

I recently had a set of needed updates from Ubuntu and performed the update, with no problems. I have no idea what these were, as after I have done enough upgrades with Ubuntu I have just been trusting what they have been offering and don't really look at the updates anymore.

However, after this last batch of updates, my window manager seems to be a little messed up.

All of my application windows are at the top of the screen, and I cannot see the + - X boxes in the top right corner. I tried hitting F11 on multiple application windows and none of them resize properly.

Another issue: my "Workspace Switcher" has issues: I change the number from 1 to any other number and the icon in my Gnome panel becomes really thin and I don't have any more than the one Workspace (CTRL + ATL + Left/Right doesn't do anything).

So can anyone tell me how to roll back from the last upgrade, or see where this error is occurring?

Thanks!:)

Update: And the Window List doesn't work either. There is a "Ghost" window but even with this Firefox window open, it doesn't show in the Window List.

Thanks!