PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Promotion Materials

WolfJay_83
January 11th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Yesterday, I finaly recieved my Breezy CD's (ordered when breezy was released in october). They were in a majorly mangled package, with an attached notice from Canada Post indicating that some of the contents of the package had been lost. :confused: While it appears that this package was through a hurricane, a monsoon, a fire, and earthquake and a volcano, and I needed to trash a few of them because the CD's were damaged; I was thinking about how to distribute these (remaining) costoms-abused gems.

I am the VP of our little undergraduate psychology society at the University of Waterloo, and we have an office where we sell various things, have a free access computer (*******:???: ) and a lounge. I was thinking about leaving the CD's out for people to take, but a stack of CD's leaves much to be desired for a display of something as intreaging as Ubuntu CD's. I was wondering if anyone had put together materials (such as a flyer, printable advertizement or the like) that would serve to create a more interesting display. Maybe there should even be a spot on the Art Gallery for printable propaganda.

I think having some printable ubuntu display materials would draw more interest to the CD's and could even use some of the same information as is already on the CD's themselves. Possibly, information on Open-source, why it is high quality, Linux, and the LiveCD could also serve to peak the interest of future Ubuntees.

aysiu
January 11th, 2006, 09:50 PM
This link may help:
Marketing Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=73132)