PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse problem

0x001A4
January 11th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Ok so I'm used to using on windows at school. I thought I would get it at home so I did. The first thing I noticed is that Eclipse is horribly slow here. I dont know this is, but it takes alot longer to load and in general is very sluggish.

Not only that but when I start ecplise I get this message in either the main window or the package explorer:

Unable to create this part due to an internal error. Reason for the failure: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml.

If I click on details this is what shows up:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.Compilation UnitEditor
at ._ZN4java4lang11VMThrowable16fillInStackTraceEPNS0 _9ThrowableE (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at ._ZN4java4lang9Throwable16fillInStackTraceEv (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at ._ZN4java4lang9ThrowableC1EPNS0_6StringE (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at ._ZN4java4lang9ThrowableC1EPNS0_6StringEPS1_ (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at ._ZN4java4lang9ExceptionC1EPNS0_6StringEPNS0_9Thro wableE (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at ._ZN4java4lang22ClassNotFoundExceptionC1EPNS0_6Str ingEPNS0_9ThrowableE (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at ._ZN4java4lang22ClassNotFoundExceptionC1EPNS0_6Str ingE (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.findClass(java.lang.String, boolean) (Unknown Source)
at ._ZN16_Jv_InterpMethod10run_normalEP7ffi_cifPvP7ff i_rawS2_ (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.findClass(java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
at ._ZN16_Jv_InterpMethod10run_normalEP7ffi_cifPvP7ff i_rawS2_ (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.adaptor.core.AbstractCl assLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean) (Unknown Source)
at ._ZN4java4lang11ClassLoader9loadClassEPNS0_6String E (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.loadClass(java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHos t.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractB undle.loadClass(java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationEl ement.createExecutableExtension(org.osgi.framework .Bundle, java.lang.String, java.lang.Object, org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationEl ement, java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationEl ement.createExecutableExtension(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.Object, org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationEl ement, java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationEl ement.createExecutableExtension(java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationEl ementHandle.createExecutableExtension(java.lang.St ring) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run() (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(org .eclipse.swt.widgets.Display, java.lang.Runnable) (Unknown Source)
at ._ZN16_Jv_InterpMethod9run_classEP7ffi_cifPvP7ffi_ rawS2_ (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExte nsion(org.eclipse.core.runtime.IConfigurationEleme nt, java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
at ._ZN16_Jv_InterpMethod9run_classEP7ffi_cifPvP7ffi_ rawS2_ (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.EditorDescriptor. createEditor() (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createPart(o rg.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.EditorDescriptor) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart Helper() (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart () (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.get Part(boolean) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibl eEditor(org.eclipse.ui.IEditorReference, boolean) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.setVisibleEd itor(org.eclipse.ui.IEditorReference, boolean) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$5.run() (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform .run(org.eclipse.core.runtime.ISafeRunnable) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(org.eclipse. core.runtime.ISafeRunnable) (Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreState (org.eclipse.ui.IMemento) (Unknown Source)

So if I go ahead with whatever I'm doing, the message goes away and eclipse seems ok. When I try to run a program I get an error even though I know the program works because I just it going at school an hour ago:

** ERROR **: file ../../../src/libjava/jni/gtk-peer/gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GtkImage.c: line 572 (createRawData): assertion failed: (data_fid != 0)
aborting...

Anyone have any idea what might be causing either of these?

Leif
January 12th, 2006, 12:07 AM
you could try using sun's jdk instead. do a search in the forums, there are plenty of threads that show how to install it. I'd recommend one of these two :

http://velourfog.blogspot.com/2005/11/how-to-install-java-using-repositories.html
http://velourfog.blogspot.com/2005/11/how-to-install-java-using-repositories_26.html

0x001A4
January 12th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Well I tried what you said, and I still get the same errors.

orbit
January 12th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Well I tried what you said, and I still get the same errors.

That's because Eclipse doesn't follow your prefered java vm setting. To make eclipse use Sun's Java VM follow these simple steps:

Open your eclipse settings file:

gedit ~/.eclipse/eclipserc

Add your prefered Java VM. You need to know Jave Home directory for the Java VM you want to use. For example, I added this to the end of my eclipserc file:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/

Save the file and restart eclipse. It should be using your prefered Java VM.

Happy coding,
orbit