PDA

View Full Version : Tenative rules for computer use

MaxIBoy
May 14th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I'm drafting a set of rules for computer usage, and I was wondering if I could get any feedback prior to more revision.

NOTICE: Be advised of these GUIDELINES FOR COMPUTER USE:

If you are unwilling to learn, you should not use a computer.
Before you give up on a problem, create your own solution.
Before you create your own solution, ask for help.
Before you ask for help, Google.
Before you Google, understand what you need in the first place.
If you use the default desktop background, theme, text font, or icon set, you automatically qualify as a chump.
If you encounter anything you don't understand, you are required to find out what it is for.

Corollary: If you are absolutely unable to find any documentation on the subject, you are required to find out the hard way and then write the documentation yourself.

If you choose, you may restrict yourself exclusively to graphical environments. However, you must also be willing to converse in sign language or interpretive dance.

FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN UP TO TWENTY-FIVE HOURS' MANDITORY VI USAGE!

spillin_dylan
May 14th, 2009, 03:36 AM
How are you going to enforce these rules? Or are they just to belittle everyone who's not as smart as you?

dagrump
May 14th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Huh! I thought it was kinda funny. I couldn't write documentation if my life depended on it.

Giant Speck
May 14th, 2009, 03:45 AM
:facepalm:

Corelogik
May 14th, 2009, 03:48 AM
:facepalm:

^ This ^

RiceMonster
May 14th, 2009, 03:48 AM
FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN UP TO TWENTY-FIVE HOURS' MANDITORY VI USAGE!

Man, I've been going through this punishment for a while now I guess...

damis648
May 14th, 2009, 03:50 AM
I use the default fonts... is that... bad... :sad::sad:

SLEEPER_V
May 14th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I'm drafting a set of rules for computer usage, and I was wondering if I could get any feedback prior to more revision.

It could be funny if I knew what this is for. If its for a basic computer lab at average college, then you are speaking over their heads. If this is for a CS lab then its kinda funny, although MANDATORY THIS THAT OR THE OTHER is kinda played out.

LightB
May 14th, 2009, 04:03 AM
I like vim.

myusername
May 14th, 2009, 04:06 AM
icanhazatexteditorflamewarnowz?

MikeTheC
May 14th, 2009, 04:19 AM

+1

Well, +1 and computer users should wear electrified dog collars that "zap!" them when they act like immature, irresponsible idiots.