PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] VMware console on 9.04?

manqueller
May 13th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I don't see it in Package manger, but does anyone know if there is a way to install Vmware Console on 9.04? I want to be able to mange a remote server running vmware from my Ubuntu desktop if possible.

Thanks,

uupreti
May 13th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I don't see it in Package manger, but does anyone know if there is a way to install Vmware Console on 9.04? I want to be able to mange a remote server running vmware from my Ubuntu desktop if possible.

Thanks,

Which version of VMware server you want to install? I recently installed Vmware server 2.0.1 under which I installed 4 copies of Windows XP as a guest OS. This version of Vmware server is web-based. So now you can manage entering IP address of your Vmware hosting server and you can browse your OS like webpage. It's awesome....

manqueller
May 13th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I don't want to install the server, just the Console. I have version 1.05 of the console running on XP now, but I want to get a copy that I can run under Ubntu as well.

uupreti
May 13th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I don't want to install the server, just the Console. I have version 1.05 of the console running on XP now, but I want to get a copy that I can run under Ubntu as well.

Sorry I didn't get what you want? Can you tell us briefly that what you want to do actually??

manqueller
May 13th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I have a server that runs Vmware Server and I have a laptop. The laptop runs Ubuntu 9.04... What I want to do is use the laptop to connect to the Vmware Console on the remote server so I can mange the Virtual machines from the laptop. Currently I can do this exact thing from within windows. I want to know how to install Vmware Console in Ubuntu so I can mange my server from Ubuntu just like I do from Windows.