PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista previews

blueturtl
January 11th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Eat at them.

http://tauquil.com/wp-content/movies/vista.mov
http://tauquil.com/wp-content/movies/vista2.mov

Somehow it looks though like Vista kinda lags behind the competition... ;)

earobinson
January 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM
pretty, It looks nice, I worrie that it may be to feature loaded and scary for users.

mstlyevil
January 11th, 2006, 06:53 PM
pretty, It looks nice, I worrie that it may be to feature loaded and scary for users.

The video was a joke. It was OSX being displayed and used while Gates was talking about Vista in the background. They were making fun of the fact that many of the new refinements in Vista are direct copies of refinements Apple already has.

curuxz
January 11th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Would be nice if someone here could make ones of these spoof vids using ubuntu ;)

Andreas T
January 11th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Haha

towsonu2003
January 11th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Would be nice if someone here could make ones of these spoof vids using ubuntu ;)
that's a good idea, but the colors won't match ;)

Rotarychainsaw
January 11th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Wow, I didn't know OSx had all those little bells and whistles. I knew it was good, but man I really want to get a macbook pro now.

majikstreet
January 11th, 2006, 10:05 PM
i don't get this.... it's mac not windows vista?

Lord Illidan
January 11th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I'd like to watch this.

ATM, I think I got Kubuntu really resembling a Mac.. I like the brushed steel interface of ITunes, so I went ahead and got baghira... now, I have glossy buttons and brushed steel everywhere. Needless to say my windows friends are hapless!

poofyhairguy
January 11th, 2006, 10:19 PM
i don't get this.... it's mac not windows vista?

Yeah. Its almost trying to say "MS could not innovate if their lives depended on it."

Which is not all true.

stimpack
January 11th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah a joke showing that everything in Vista is already in OS X.

Been playing with both lately and both are overrated even Mac. Vista is eye candy overload, still looks like a Fisher Price toy. OS X is less eye candy but more beutiful, but man it runs so slow and whats with those damn beach balls (not seen anything like that since the hourglass in Win 3.1).

StacyWebb
January 11th, 2006, 10:30 PM
It is nice though that Vista has decied that "hey people actually want their machine to be pleasing to the eye"
That was one of the main factors that moved me toward Linux in 1995.

Bandit
January 11th, 2006, 11:25 PM
LOL..
Nice to see M$ so creative these days..

curuxz
January 11th, 2006, 11:35 PM
LOL..
Nice to see M$ so creative these days..

I agree, i mean its hard to imagine how they can keep comming up with some many original ideas. I wish I had some of their imence tallent at inovation.....;)

blueturtl
January 12th, 2006, 08:29 AM
People tend to get a bit queezy when it comes to the "who was first", but we all know even Apple does not innovate everything it sells. The ideas do not count as much as the practical applications of the ideas. What I find amusing is Microsoft can't even rip anything off properly. If they actually made a difference by mimicing Apple and others I wouldn't be so frustrated with them. :p

When using Windows I get this feeling you might get if you watch these cheap Disney-rip-off cartoons: all the elements to a good product are there.. it's just that the animation is kind of dull, the songs are uninteresting, the voice acting is horrible (and possibly even worse if dubbed in your local language) and storyline has been raped by someone who shouldn't be doing screenwriting...

No massive improvements have happened to the Windows user interface since Windows 95! No matter how you look at it, even Windows XP is still just the plain old thing. No wait.. I just remembered I can drag things to other locations straight from the Start-menu. That was introduced in Windows 98. Sure the NT kernel makes it more stable than the ol' DOS, but still. The usability and "easyness" people claim Windows has is more about how they're used to things than anything else. For a new person Windows is harder to use than either the Mac or Ubuntu Linux for example. ;)