PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite web framework?

puddinlover
May 13th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hello Ubuntu community!

One of my latest discussion posts on my blog is:

What is your favorite web framework and why? (http://codejustin.com/what-is-your-favorite-web-framework/)

I ask becuase right now I'm looking into learning a web framework for fast development (other words dont wanna fuse with a lot of code).

Was thinking maybe python-Django but I'm really open to any opinions and I also of course wanna hear what web framework you guys enjoy working with so I can get a feel of the different ones. (Was also considering ruby on rails and asp.net but if there is something easier to understand, has a good community, and is good for rapid development I would love to hear it!)

monsterstack
May 13th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I too would like to know about this sort of thing. My web projects have been coasting by on mediawiki software for too long.

omar8
May 13th, 2009, 07:34 PM
RoR nuff said.

hessiess
May 13th, 2009, 07:46 PM
PHP and a custom CMS

Gucko
May 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM
there is no easier than RoR!

Bios Element
May 13th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Django is looking "cool" but that's all I can say about it. I'm a PHP dev myself and I've worked with CakePHP and CodeIgniter but I'm really in love with Yii. Quite simply the best one I've found with the best dev support I've ever seen.

scottuss
May 13th, 2009, 09:12 PM
I'm getting right into Ruby on Rails, it's fantastic. I came from Python so it's easier for me but even for new programmers it's quite easy to get into.

puddinlover
May 13th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I might try RoR