PDA

View Full Version : Are there any distros that don't have flash problems?

the2020
May 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Do you know other distros that have no problems with streaming HD and flash videos? Does linux mint have the same problems as ubuntu? I'm thinking of switching to another distro.

BuffaloX
May 13th, 2009, 06:33 PM
What flash problems?
I don't see any flash problems, and I visit many pages with flash video.
I use Ubuntu 9.04 64bit with flash installed from repo.

What distro are you running? and what's your graphics adapter?
How did you install flash?

stoneheart
May 13th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Don't know about HD video (namely because I use an old CRT), but Pardus played Flash and .wmv and .mpg files for me on installation. It's a Turkish distro with a live CD, so you can give it a try. I think it's a fine distro myself, and the Turkish government funds a team of programmers to work on it, so there's some backing and stability there.

fifth
May 13th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Do you know other distros that have no problems with streaming HD and flash videos? Does linux mint have the same problems as ubuntu? I'm thinking of switching to another distro.

Cant offer a suggestion but, I've read people discussing flash problems here before, but have never personally experienced it. Can you offer some links which show the problems of flash on linus?

SunnyRabbiera
May 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Flash in general does not do well in linux though its better now then it was before.
I suggest giving Opera a shot, it seems that Opera works better with flash at this time

Skripka
May 13th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Flash works fine here on Arch under Webkit powered browsers (Arora, and Webkit powered Konqueror), as well as Opera, HD and all---full screen is buggy but that is the only complaint.

Xbehave
May 13th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Im using flash10(64 bit) on 64bit debian and have few problems (i do have one problem with flashblock, but ive not got anybody to reproduce it on other systems so it might just be me). (Im on OSS graphics drivers though, i had problems with flgr)

tyroeternal
May 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Flash issues, at this point, are not really so much a distro problems as they are issues with the current state of flash itself?

SunnyRabbiera
May 13th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Flash issues, at this point, are not really so much a distro problems as they are issues with the current state of flash itself?

Pretty much, flash in linux has never been all that great, heck its not that great in OSX either so I hear.
Flash seems to work best with windows, adobe doesnt seem to care.

calrogman
May 13th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Do you know other distros that have no problems with streaming HD and flash videos?

Yes. Distros, that are A) not up-to-date or B) not running on computers with integrated Intel graphic chips.

subdivision
May 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I don't know. I do know that certain flash sites crash my browsers in both my Arch installs.

Skripka
May 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I don't know. I do know that certain flash sites crash my browsers in both my Arch installs.

Wierd. Works like a charm in any of my choice browsers. Nvidia drivers on KDEmod.

LowSky
May 13th, 2009, 09:07 PM
no flash issues here.... 9.04 Ubuntu