PDA

View Full Version : Those funky webcam apps that put a moustache on you (live)

stwschool
May 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah I know it's really really cheesy but does anyone know where I could find such a thing for linux?

RaZe42
May 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Well there's Cheese, which can do some "funky stuff"(no moustache though)

Just go to Applications > Add/Remove and search for it there :)

Dragonbite
May 13th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I think I saw what you are talking about on my brother's Windows Vista laptop.

I don't think there is a Linux webcam app that detects roughly where your "face" is to be able to overlay things like that (hats, moustaches, etc.).

At least, not yet.

stwschool
May 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I think I saw what you are talking about on my brother's Windows Vista laptop.

I don't think there is a Linux webcam app that detects roughly where your "face" is to be able to overlay things like that (hats, moustaches, etc.).

At least, not yet.
You got the idea. Shame, I was hoping I could find something linuxy to play with. I guess I'll have to see if this thing that came with my asus will play nicely with Wine.

Dragonbite
May 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Might want to check with the Cheese project, that's about the closest there is currently, that I know of.

Don't know if there is a KDE app that does something like that, or what other Gnome apps are available.

mihai.ile
May 13th, 2009, 04:47 PM
well there is an application (no moustache and not live, photo only) but instead has hair, makeover, contact lenses, etc.

www.jkiwi.com

Dragonbite
May 13th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Looks like an enhanced version of what my daughter plays with on Barbie.com :lolflag:

Actually, kidding aside, that may be something my daughter WOULD like to fool around with on the computer.