PDA

View Full Version : Google Morocco hacked

Gucko
May 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I read this news and wanted to share it with you :)
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/images/magazines/itp.net/web/googlehacked_thumb2.jpg

Google.co.ma is functioning again, but for several hours on Saturday the site was down and this gave enough opportunity for people visiting the site to generate screenshots of the hacked domain. When users visited the site, they briefly saw a message that said “HackeD By PAKbugs. We are ZombiE_KsA Cyber Criminal spo0fer x00mx00m”.

The domain was pointed to a different server, and the message mentioned above was shown when people tried to access the search engine. Google at one point reportedly relayed visitors from Morocco to Google.com instead of Google.co.ma, but it took a while before Google Morocco was functioning correctly again.

PAKbugs.com is a forum of Pakistani hackers, and the forum boasts of the successful hack here (http://www.pakbugs.com/special-defacements/5138-www-google-co-ma-hacked.html).

Popular blog TechCrunch suggests that the hackers hacked the site by possibly finding a way through NIC.ma, which controls the DNS (Domain Name Service) for Morocco.

News link: http://www.itp.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=555087&Itemid=1

saivin
May 13th, 2009, 10:14 AM
LUSERS...!!! What a waste of talent..

skymera
May 13th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Damn. One Google down?
Well there is still:

google.ca
google.com
google.co.uk
google.pk
google.biz
google.com
google.info
google.net
google.org
google.us
google.ws

and the list goes on forever almost.

waaaaaaaaaaaste of time

ukripper
May 13th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Only if they could use this talent towards something constructive in their lives. Loosers...

pwnst*r
May 13th, 2009, 01:50 PM
can a screenshot be any smaller?

Sealbhach
May 13th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I thought Google uses Linux, how can they be haxed?

LoGinthebest
May 13th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Guys wanna become famous

jaithehulk
May 13th, 2009, 02:22 PM
i gotta say tats a good job...but yes its a waste of talent...shld hav used their talent to hunt down terrorists residing in PAK...

ukripper
May 13th, 2009, 03:05 PM
i gotta say tats a good job...but yes its a waste of talent...shld hav used their talent to hunt down terrorists residing in PAK...

No one hunt themselves. Cracking(should I say) is no less terrorist activity.

Rainstride
May 13th, 2009, 03:54 PM
No one hunt themselves. Cracking(should I say) is no less terrorist activity.

hacking doesn't cause terror or kill people! it just REALLY pisses off IT guys...

ukripper
May 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Cracking kills people indirectly, as an example lets say if a website with your identity details get hacked/cracked and being sold to someone in another country, which means technically you are in two places and could be killed in number of ways - financially, morally, psychologically etc.

Rainstride
May 13th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Cracking kills people indirectly, as an example lets say if a website with your identity details get hacked/cracked and being sold to someone in another country, which means technically you are in two places and could be killed in number of ways - financially, morally, psychologically etc.

not really, other than ******* someone off and making them have to redo all there personal info, and jump through some hoops to fix it, thats not the worst thing that could happen.

now if the hackers where stealing your info and using it to find and kill you... that might be terrorism......and then later when it is made into a really bad movie:D....

Gucko
May 13th, 2009, 04:51 PM
yeah...what a talent! Loosers.....

pwnst*r
May 13th, 2009, 05:34 PM
how come no one knows how to spell "losers" correctly?

ukripper
May 13th, 2009, 05:42 PM

Sorry, my spell check is not on! :p

LightB
May 14th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Where the heck was Morocco Mole????

MikeTheC
May 14th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Morocco is actually on the Internet?

myusername
May 14th, 2009, 05:33 AM

i was thinking the same thing

dmizer
May 14th, 2009, 05:45 AM

Linux is not invulnerable to malicious hacking. Linux is (for the time being) invulnerable to virus and malware attacks, but not all malicious hacking is virus based.

MaxIBoy
May 14th, 2009, 06:55 AM
It might not have been targeted at Google itself, you can go for a middleman and get the same result. Data goes through a lot of computers to get from point A to point B.

-grubby
May 14th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Damn. One Google down?
google.org

Well, at least Google doesn't own that one.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Yownanymous
May 14th, 2009, 08:25 AM

Linux isn't completely hack-proof.

Sealbhach
May 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Linux isn't completely hack-proof.

I know, I was only kidding. A weak password policy can make any system vulnerable.

ukripper
May 14th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Every system on internet is hackable/crackable in this day and age, just need correct method, tools and vulnerabilties to exploit!:-$

ukripper
May 14th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Another hacked flight sim site - http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8049780.stm

LowSky
May 14th, 2009, 04:52 PM
It seems that Google is runnign really slow in the US, which might mean that the traffic is being funneled to the parts that are still up...

This is reminding me of that South Park episode when the internet goes down and someone needs to reset the giant router...lol