PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error while instaling Ubuntu 0.04 from live cd, computer crash

chavezgt
May 13th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Hi to everyone.
I wanted to install Ubuntu 9.04 on another computer with Windows XP. At first everything was alright, and I decided to use Ubuntu as the only OS. Then it started to install. But there appeared an error on the screen saying "SQUASHFS error. Can't read partition, or something like that. I waited for a while (like 20 minutes) but everything remained the same. I turned off my computer, but when I turned it on again THERE WAS NO OPERATIVE SYSTEM. The screen sayed: "Error on the MBR. Pulse a key" and when I pulsed it, the same message appeared. I tried it a lot of times, I restarted my machine, but nothing happened.
Please, I need some help. I have only 13 years, and want to become a developer. If my parents find that I crashed a machine, they will never forgive me. If someone knows how to fix this problem it would be of wonderful help.
Note: I have the live CD with me, and the ISO image, ready to burn it again if necesary.
Maybe I could find some help if I lived in USA, but I live in Puebla, Mexico, so I only can rely on this forum and the IRC, which I don't know how to use either.
Please Help Me. I will be eternally grateful to you.
Atte. Alfredo Chavez. Puebla, Mexico

zvacet
May 14th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Did you try to install using entire disc option?