PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] GTK Font size too big..

Naatan
May 13th, 2009, 02:47 AM
I have Ubuntu 9.04 with Kubuntu installed on top of it.

When running a GTK app the font size is much bigger than my KDE font size, I tried decreasing the font size manualy under System Settings > Appearance > GTK Styles and Fonts, but the font size remains unchanged (also after rebooting).

Anyone know what I might be able to do about this?

And while I'm at it, is there any way I can make Dolphin the default file manager when opening a file manager from within a GTK app? (eg when you right click > open directory on a download in firefox).

days_of_ruin
May 13th, 2009, 03:50 AM
In a terminal:

gconf-editor /desktop/gnome/interface/font_name

What size does it say?

Naatan
May 13th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Sans 8, but I'm pretty sure my GTK font size is larger than that.

t0mppa
May 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
Had the same problem here and going to System settings / Appearance / Fonts and setting Force fonts DPI to 96 DPI finally decreased the GTK apps's fonts to a more reasonable size.

bhadotia
June 26th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Had the same problem here and going to System settings / Appearance / Fonts and setting Force fonts DPI to 96 DPI finally decreased the GTK apps's fonts to a more reasonable size.

Thanks dude, I was just wondering how to do that now, without the gtk style and fonts system setting module in Appearance.

ario
November 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks a lot days_of_ruin.
My problem was that all texts in ubuntu studio 9.10 was very small for me to read them.
I went to where you said and changed all font sizes from 8 to 12 so texts are no big enough for me to read them easier than before. It solved my problem.:D

urbanus
May 1st, 2010, 12:04 AM
THANK :-)

A simple solution toa annoying problem that I would never have thought of / stumbled upon myself :-S

Geremia
December 24th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Had the same problem here and going to System settings / Appearance / Fonts and setting Force fonts DPI to 96 DPI finally decreased the GTK apps's fonts to a more reasonable size.Thanks
That fixed the problem for me.

overdrank
December 24th, 2012, 07:51 AM
From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy).

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
Thread closed.