PDA

View Full Version : Acer Aspire One Installation Mess

Holden99ca
May 12th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Hi,

I hope you'll forgive me but I'm reposting this as I only got one answer last time which didn't really solve the problem.

I'll try to make this short. A quick scan of other posts seems to have revealed other similar problems.

After a successful experience with Ubuntu on my home desktop I decided to make my Acer Aspire One a dual-boot machine. I'm kind of regretting it. I installed as per instructions, i.e., download the file, confirm the hash, make a bootable USB drive, boot from the drive, install.

During the install process I'm quite sure it never asked me anything about how to partition the drive. It's now acting very buggy including things like: evolution just spins but consistently fails to load, firefox's back button is always grayed out and the google search engine does nothing after you enter data into it. Last, and perhaps most importantly, it reports no space available in the "/" drive when it runs update. Indeed when I load up the Home directory it reports 0 bytes available.

How did this happen and what can I do about it? All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Holden