PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Indicator-applet not working?

G|N|
May 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM
When i first installed jaunty i removed the indicator-applet, but now i want to give it a try...

So i added the indicator-applet to the panel, but the only thing i see is a little place used by the applet...right-clicking it gives me the options from the panel and pidgin does not appear in the indicator-applet when i receive a new message...

I get no error message when adding the applet.

Any ideas?

ssaint04
July 2nd, 2009, 07:16 AM
I'm having a similar issue. I accidentally removed it from my panel, and now, when I attempt to re-add it, nothing happens.

libssd
October 3rd, 2009, 04:45 AM
I'm having a similar issue. I accidentally removed it from my panel, and now, when I attempt to re-add it, nothing happens.
I just did exactly the same thing. Depending on which appearance theme you use (Balanzan, for example) the indicator applet appears in the panel as a 1-pixel wide vertical line. With other themes, it's very easy to add it over and over again because you can't see any result of its being added. And, since it's only 1 pixel wide, even when you can see it, removal is difficult.

I have no idea how to recover from this problem. I'm guessing that a preference is corrupt somewhere, and if I knew what to edit at the command line, that could fix it.

dulek
October 29th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Has anyone found a solution to this bug?

mirzmaster
November 19th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I too am having the same problem, though I find that switching back to the default Ubuntu icon theme has no effect. Perhaps the icon is getting cached somewhere ...