PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome 2.26.1 themes not loading upon restart in Jaunty

boknoy
May 12th, 2009, 02:16 AM
my theme is not loading automatically upon reboot. it loads only after launching gnome-appearance-properties. any ideas how to correct this?

days_of_ruin
May 12th, 2009, 03:09 AM
my theme is not loading automatically upon reboot. it loads only after launching gnome-appearance-properties. any ideas how to correct this?

What do you mean exactly? Do you have the boxy grey "unthemed" widgets?
What kind of theme is it thats not loading?

boknoy
May 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I use a customized saved theme, backgrounds, icons downloaded from several websites.It loads okay when selected on appearance preferences.But whenever I reboot my laptop, the configured theme doesn't load automatically.I need to access the appearance preference in order for the selected theme will be loaded.

Michael Knap
July 24th, 2009, 03:43 AM
I have the same problem; however, I do not have a customized theme. Gnome is not loading the theme upon boot *sometimes*. When I start gnome-appearance-properties, my chosen theme is then correctly used.

The oddest thing about this for me is that this occurs *sometimes* only. I can't seem to isolate a cause.

HungryMan
September 14th, 2009, 03:55 AM
this sucks. GNOME changes my icon set to the **** brown ubuntu, my font size to a ridiculous 10, and the butt ugly default gtk theme. This problem happened after installing kde. I'm looking for the file that kde uses to set the gtk theme.

If you want a hackish workaround, rename your preferred gtk theme's folder in /usr/share/themes/ to Default (you might want to backup the real Default). Also change the "icontheme=" in your theme's theme.index to your preferred icon set.

HungryMan
September 17th, 2009, 03:20 PM
urgh... my volume buttons got screwed too. Now they don't work until I open System>Preferences>Sound.

HungryMan
September 25th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Ok I found the cause of the problem!
Just add

gnome-settings-daemon & to your start-up options and everything should work.

som24
September 25th, 2009, 02:19 PM
in my case only cursor is not loading.hoping this will solve my problem too