PDA

View Full Version : Forbes has a article talking about migration to Linux

I-75
May 12th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Forbes has a article talking about migration to Linux

I guess Linux is getting more popular, even Forbes (a influential business publication company) has been running several articles about Linux...this one here is about Migrating to Linux. I'm sure this got the attention of some high powered business leaders.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/11/windows-linux-software-entrepreneurs-technology-bmighty.html?partner=whiteglove_google

"Uncover Hidden Knowledge

The IT industry is rife with stories of staffers who work with Windows by day but hack Linux during their off hours. As a result, your company may already have a rich but hidden source of Linux and open source software knowledge close at hand.

Before your company begins a move to Linux, canvass your IT staff for people who already have Linux experience. At the same time, be sure to ask non-IT employees to step forward if they have experience working with Linux or with other common open source desktop applications. Each of these employees can provide an important bridge between your company's formal IT goals and the informal, day-to-day experiences that make or break a software migration. "

Sealbhach
May 12th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Zeitgeisty.

monsterstack
May 12th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Zeitgeisty.

Yes. Wouldn't expect something like that to pop up on Forbes. I can't wait for the "I'm an IT Business Professional in a Fortune 500 company with over twenty years experience in Business enterprise solutions, and in my opinion Linux just isn't ready for prime-time..." comments. Always a giggle. If you have no life. Like me. Oh dear. :(